Sign in to follow this  
Burt

.paa and .pac Photoshop addon

Hi. I was been trying to retexture BIS units and I need to edit .paa and .pac files. Photoshop cannot open these files. I've heard that their is some sort of addon for Photoshop that lets you edit these files types. Does anyone have a link for this addon? Also, this is my first retexturing project so does anyone have any advice? Thanks

Thank you. yay.gif

Texview2 uses much faster because the plugin makes a

visonneuse for error.

And is more PAA format conform while not bring the paa's without some 'bonusbytes' !

Some people also mean that that textures coverted to PAA via PAAPlug can cause errors.

(I can't confirm that, but i much feel better on the right way only use it for import of PAA's !wink_o.gif

And is more PAA format conform while not bring the paa's without some 'bonusbytes' !

Some people also mean that that textures coverted to PAA via PAAPlug can cause errors.

(I can't confirm that, but i much feel better on the right way only use it for import of PAA's !wink_o.gif

well, yeah, they gave some problems, that's mainly because with PaaPlug you must select by hand the format, and the mipmap filter... while with texView2 it's already specified smile_o.gif

Offtopic, but are there any performance advantages\disadvantages between the different formats? I use pal2pace cmd to convert my textures to PAA. Have yet to bother setting format specific options..

Offtopic, but are there any performance advantages\disadvantages between the different formats? I use pal2pace cmd to convert my textures to PAA. Have yet to bother setting format specific options..

from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S3_Texture_Compression

it's mainly a compression method to save resources.

Pal2Pace refers to the cfg in its folder to convert directly files with predefined suffix (_co,_nx,_nohq,_ns,_lco and the others) and use the correct compression method

Might as well keep using the cmd then since I'm using the suffixes.

Might as well keep using the cmd then since I'm using the suffixes.

Of course yes, I added the possibility to directly convert a TGA into PAA:

immaginejr0.jpg

File type actions, cool. Must get around to doing that too.