Sign in to follow this  
Nightjay0044

System Requirements

Hi, I looked up the system requirements for my pc because when I play Armed Assault it has major LAG, my computer pretty much only handles really low grade quality missions, meaning non that have to many objects or detail in them.

SO what would take a pc with great speed a half hour to make a mission would take me twice as much, if I needed to switch to desktop, which takes longer to switch...So here is the system requirements ArmA requires:

Quote[/b] ]Minimum Specification:

* CPU: 2 Ghz

* RAM: 512 MB

* Nvidia Geforce FX with 128 MB RAM & pixel shader 2.0, ATI Radeon 9500 with 128 MB of RAM

& pixel shader 2.0

* Software: Windows XP or Windows 2000 and DirectX 9

Recommended Specification:

* CPU: 3 Ghz

* RAM: 1 GB

* Video Card: Nvidia 6800 and above or Ati x800 and above with at least 256 MB RAM

* Free HD Space: 3 GB (or more as needed for

My systems specs are:

2.53 GH's Intel Pentium 4

512MB RAM Memory

80 GB DMA Hard drive

GForce 7600 GS (Which I replaced awhile ago in order to play higher games with pixel shaders or something...)

So what would I need to do to get my computer upgraded to that, so it can be able to switch from in-game to desktop with no problems and handle more higher detailed object mission?

Thank you (please be specific what I would need such as, another hard drive, or higher graphics cards and such)..

ArmA will suck down all the system resources you can give it. It's really super scalable, especially when it comes to view distance.

For starters I would recommend ram and a hard drive. I have a bunch of community addons and mods, but not a huge number, and my install with arma + qg + mods is now ten gigs. ArmA really likes ram, too.

How much video ram does your graphics card have? I think if you upgrade it to the obsolete but good 7900 gt or whatever it is that you will be much happier with arma's video performance. Buy the card with as much video ram as you can.

definately a new graohics card something like 8800gt. but to be honest i just would get new mobo, CPU, power supply, and GFX card + some ddr2 ram.

if decide just to upgrade definately more RAM (2x1GB) and new GFX (if u are AGP then maybe ATI´s 3850 AGP, if PCI-E mobo then 8800gt would be my choice)

I can play ArmA on high settings with my 7600GS 512MB AGP card, but agree that the RAM needs to be upgraded.

A sound card instead of probably in use onboard-sound will give you better performance too.

Mr_Tea, you wrote that you can play arma on high settings with your 7600gs video card? it is impossible, because I with my 7950GT 512mg pci-e, can run arma only on normal and low settings with view distance set on 1000 m wink_o.gif and i get ~25 fps in woods in north part os sahrani and ~30-40 in open areas

my sys. spec:

intel c2d 2.13ghz

m/b Aw9d

ram 1gb ddr2 800

video: nvidia 7950gt 512

arrr, and forgot to mention arma version is 1.12b and video driver version 169.21

mcbean, im no expert, but I fathom that your processor and your ram are limiting the performance of your graphics card.

A gfx card by itself will not enable high settings. All of your components must work together in harmony to achieve greater game performance.

I have the same card as you and I am capable of high settings for normal playing. pistols.gif

systems specs in sig thumbs-up.gif

mrbean,

There are some processor intensive settings in the video options. If you haven't got your shadows on high already, you should switch them to see if there is any difference. The low and medium shadows are processor based, and the high ones are graphics card based. Also, view distance has a lot of effect on processor load, I hear.

Mr_Tea, you wrote that you can play arma on high settings with your 7600gs video card? it is impossible, because I with my 7950GT 512mg pci-e, can run arma only on normal and low settings with view distance set on 1000 m wink_o.gif and i get ~25 fps in woods in north part os sahrani and ~30-40 in open areas

my sys. spec:

intel c2d 2.13ghz

m/b Aw9d

ram 1gb ddr2 800

video: nvidia 7950gt 512

arrr, and forgot to mention arma version is 1.12b and video driver version 169.21

If that would be impossible, i would not post it. wink_o.gif

I use Win2K Prof. SP4, other specs:

AthlonXP 3200+ (Barton)@ 2,2Ghz (not overclocked)

2GB PC3200 (DDR 400) RAM in Dual-Channel Mode

MSI GeForce 7600GS 512MB AGP Card, AGP aperture size set to 512MB

Creative Audigy2

It`s an self build system and the Bigtower case alone, without an PSU, has cost me 75€.

The use of an sound card instead of onboard sound alone can make a big difference.

I´m only an MCP, but i build my rigs by my self for ~17 years, and i know what parts should be bought and what should better stay in the shop. wink_o.gif

hehe i've got a P4, too but it is natively clocked at 3.00 Ghz with HT. Besides that, i am running a X1950Pro 512Mb

After upgrading my memory to 1,5 gb of ram arma runs much smoother. but i would like to exchange the two 256 ram bars to two 512. So there would be 4 times the same ram and i think arma would appreciate 2gb of main memory...

Finallay, if you wont buy a new mainboard inlcuding new ram and cpu, try to upgrade it to 2gb of ram and get a new card like the hd 3780 or nvdidia's 9600gt...but don't expect everytime a high framerate, because the cpu is not a burner...

The first thing you should look at is adding more ram.

Then a video card.

I have just swapped my Nv7900gs for a 8800gt and there is a marked improvement.

E6400, 2 go ram, 8800gt, 22" lcd.

All settings on high except post processing (low) personal preference and blood on normal or low (yuk).