Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (EVO)CTI Release  Full Release of EVO CTI

Always fun to see complete ripoffs of other peoples work without credits which are then hosted on sites with popup ads.

where can i download this? i don't see a link anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by (salisan @ May 10 2008,14:09)
    Always fun to see complete ripoffs of other peoples work without credits which are then hosted on sites with popup ads.
    The manual's not finished, so credit's aren't included yet (simple oversight). Also, hosting's free, so popups are kind of a fact of life.
    It's not a complete ripoff either. The AI is completely brand new, all elements of evolution have been implemented on both sides, a new menu has been produced with completely different options unseen in other missions (to my knowledge). In my opinion, you're trolling

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]where can i download this? i don't see a link anywhere
    link: http://arma.isgreat.org/
    direct: http://arma.isgreat.org/EVO30CTI4.0SM.Sara.zip

Quote[/b] ]There must be a way to call a helicopter to rescue you and your team.
    Good idea, this might be implemented at a later time.
    Quote[/b] ]When i get near the point that i have to protect the mission disapears.
    Can you be more specific? Does the mission completely disappear from your options, etc., or does the waypoint just disappear? Do units properly spawn, or is it completely non-functional? Error message? Thanks!

Constructive criticism, questions, and feedback are always welcome. Remember, the more all of you can tell us about the way the mission behaves, your individual experiences, and bugs you encounter, the better future versions will be.
    Of particular interest is the performance of the AI. During tests we found that one AI occasionally loses momentum and begins to be pushed back by the other side. This was originally unintended but adds a new level of depth. However, if you see that one AI seems completely vacant or really... really loses very quickly, please try to provide as much information as possible so it can be checked out. Thanks!

Hi MSpencer......just played the mission again,(Blue side) but this time alone, and the first thing i did was trying to play the DEFENCE mission, but this time i didnt used any mods (Xam, Armaeffects,.....), and now the mission didnt disapeared, but instead the enemies arrived and no one (the AI...Blue and Red) started a combat, i mean, it seems that they have signed peace with each other......When I tried to take a shot to a Red soldier it says "1...cease fire", just like a friendly unit.
    I waited for about 5 minutes and then it says MISSION COMPLETE.
    Does anyone have the same problem.......
    Sorry for my bad english.....

This link should be hosted by Arma sites....

It is horrible that someone makes some % of a cent every time u click on it.....I got 10-15 pop-ups....

I didn't find download link.......

my opinion

Blacknight

In regards to the question of credits, my thanks for this mission goto the OFP/ARMA community as a whole. ***Players, server admins, coders, modelers, map makers etc.
    ***The only expectation I have of this code is to make a better mission for everyone playing Arma. ***I like military simulations and wanted a great sandbox to play in. ***This is a result of that approach. ***The ideas in this are from players and from existing missions. ***I have no qualms in using the best code I could find to aid in completion of this. ***I also made the mission easily moddable, to pass the torch to the next mission designer and enable customization. ***The entire system is moddable and easily changed. ***It took many hours and piles of original code to make this work. ***Every existing code was reworked to suit the mission. ***I hope that people playing arma enjoy this mission, as it was only possible through the compiling of many peoples efforts, and is simply for the community.

PS - My site is free. I appologise in advance for any pop-up issues. Rest assured I make no money from that site.

Chris

PPS - I am looking for help with continued support of this project. Please message me directly if you are interested. I am willing to host modded versions on my site as well. And will assist with mod related questions.

Also -Thank you MSpencer for fielding questions on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by (MSpencer @ May 11 2008,01:04)
    The manual's not finished, so credit's aren't included yet (simple oversight). Also, hosting's free, so popups are kind of a fact of life.
    It's not a complete ripoff either. The AI is completely brand new, all elements of evolution have been implemented on both sides, a new menu has been produced with completely different options unseen in other missions (to my knowledge). In my opinion, you're trolling
    I'm trolling?

You seem to agree that there are no credits to the people code has been taken from. Using other peoples work without giving credit is exceptionally bad style.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by (salisan @ May 11 2008,12:05)
    I'm trolling?

You seem to agree that there are no credits to the people code has been taken from. Using other peoples work without giving credit is exceptionally bad style.
    I dont think I could make a mission without being inspired by the way in which someone made a mission, or using scripts that they have created.

In advance of making a new mission, I would just like to thank everyone for everything, in case I use something that may offend someone.

credit for this post goes to ...

my mother for having me
    all of my teachers in school for teaching me how to spell
    Microsoft for the operating system that enables me to post here
    Firefox for making the internet browser
    the tequila i drank last night

Please delete the direct link, it gets hijacked continously when I click on it. The link to your website is fine.

I played this again with ecs and slx and had to turn off the manual open chute option in the ecs control panel and have had no conflicts since.
    One problem encountered, I cannot change the loadout of another human player if he joins my squad. When I purchased his loadout and assigned it to him and the funds were withdrawn, he still had has default loadout.
    i7 2600k stock for now | Asus max IV | GTX 690 | 2 GTX 670 SLI | Asus p8p67 | GTX 580 | Ati 5870| Intel i-7 930 OC@3.8Ghz | Asus P6T MB | C2Q9550 OC@3.8Ghz | EP45-UD3R | GTX260 (192SP) Ati 4870X2 | 4GB G-Skill DDR2 1066Mhz | 8gb G-Skill 12800 RAM | OCZ agility3 240gb | Corsair 850w | Win7 64 WinXP 32 Sp3 | ArmaCO 1.62 | Iron Front 1.05 | 3 LG 27" LED 27EA73 in triple head mode

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast