Sign in to follow this  
arma.isgreat.org

(EVO)CTI Release  Full Release of EVO CTI

To start playing this mission simply press 't' to access the menu.  Choose a custom loadout (You'll need $100) and press 't' again and open the transport menu.  Click a town and you'll be transported there to join the fight.  

-Encounter ai like never before in a mission including ai airstrikes, helicopter attacks and determined ai assaults.

-A full menu system is accessable at any time by pressing 't'

-set view distances in real time.

-Pick from a list of Evolution missions for extra points

-Equip you and your squad with a custom loadout

-Earn  money from points and holding towns

-Recieve points from your ai

-Earn rank and access new vehicles(bought in the menu)

Tried it, like my ECS. Does not seem to be stable with ECS

Same problem as mazza, but I also use slx and ecs.

Problem specific is respawning back at base and selecting helicopter insertion. It just shows the map slowly zooming out and prompts you to open chute but infact your already dead stuck in the ground. I have to abort the mission to play again. Will try without ecs and slx.

Great concept! If it can work with slx and ecs, it will be the next big besides domination and evo.

Thank you, I may have to do some ecs testing if this mission becomes popular. I have also been looking into COC integration and release of a mod pack. This mission sounds great with any sound mod btw. The constant fighting adds very good and real combat ambience.

Hi. I DLed this last night and wanted to link it to the rest of the guys I play with but I can't see the link any longer?

Apologies if I'm just missing it somewhere?

Great Mission though, really has a great sense of immersion! thumbs-up.gif

Hi. I DLed this last night and wanted to link it to the rest of the guys I play with but I can't see the link any longer?

Apologies if I'm just missing it somewhere?

Great Mission though, really has a great sense of immersion! thumbs-up.gif

That means there's probably another version coming out. Chris (the mission maker) and I have been testing and have fixed a few bugs, so it's quite possible that he just took down the link for a bit until he can get a corrected version up, probably so server admins don't upload it and them have an issue.

I've been testing this mission since the preliminary phases, and can tell you that without a doubt, this is one of the best missions for ArmA that I've ever played. If you own a server, this mission certainly deserves a place in mpmissions. It incorporates the most popular elements of evolution with a very dynamic, smart AI, producing almost unique outcomes each time the mission is started. The PvP element rivals even the best C&Hs, as players cannot immediately access the best of the best, and instead must push on like ordinary soldiers to employ their troops as effectively as possible.

From experience, I can certify that a good commander with a Stryker and a squad of light infantry can certainly make quite a difference in the field. This mission creates a dynamic frontline which really... never gives up. You can expect fastroping Especas, isolated infantry squads, mechanized patrols, and even full enemy offensives to hit you at every corner. This mission not only demands your best marksmanship and infantry tactics, but also your best teamwork and squad management.

The Best of Both Worlds is not enough to describe this mission. Instead, I consider it to be possibly the best, most persistent ArmA mission ever. If you've played this game multiplayer, and have missed this, I think you've missed something vital to the ArmA experience.

For those of you who don't take my word seriously, you should know I've got quite a bit of experience in both games, and rarely give endorsement to anything. However, after years of playing CTI, and a good while playing ArmA with a dedicated clan, I can tell you that this is one of the best counter-op/teamplay missions out there. Not only does it integrate the best elements of co-op, but it also creates a dynamic, unforgettable counter-op experience which can literally last days in a realistic brawl to bring down the opposing side.

I wish you all good hunting.

Downloaded this the other day and i absolutely love it. Got my first ranking today which unlocked a few extras which added to the game play. Also took one enemy flag which they soon recaptured. Very addictive even playing on my lonesome.

Been playing cRCTI for ages but this is definately the new kid on the block for me. I've had no issues myself so far after playing for a little over an hour.

I'm surprised there is very little feedback on this, i can only guess not many people have tried or heard of this one yet. Sounds are awesome with one of the sound mods and various other excellent mods around. I don't use ECS so can't comment on it.

My only gripe is the equipment menu from cRCTI, would be nice to match it to the rest of the GUI.....slaps myself on back of the head for being so trivial.  biggrin_o.gif

Definately keeping an eye out for any updates.

arma.isgreat.org this rocks...... notworthy.gif

Was looking for the dl other day to to try out on my server but as u say he must've took it down b4 i had a chance to dl an try it out as I have almost every version of Evo an have been craving a new one since pre US release.

Loved playing RTS4 an thats about as close to CTI that I've played but always was interested in a coop version so this will be interesting.

Hi to all.......I found a bug in the mission #4, the one that i have to protect a platoon from enemies, ....

When i get near the point that i have to protect the mission disapears.

One more question........when i finish a mission , how can i return to my base without killing me or respawning, because that way my whole platoon stays where i died. There must be a way to call a helicopter to rescue you and your team.

Great mission....by the way.....

I've tried this mission with ECS and SLX and had problems with it. So I tried it without ECS and SLX and have had a blast playing by myself. When the new version comes out I'm sure it will be a big hit. For me it combines the best of EVO and Domination and has a more real feel to it. You are part of something that happens with or without you, not solely dependent upon you. Basically it's a war that you sign up to fight in, choosing what side you fight for.

I hope the new version is compatible with ECS. I've had it working with a dumbed down version of SLX and love it! biggrin_o.gif

Always fun to see complete ripoffs of other peoples work without credits which are then hosted on sites with popup ads. smile_o.gif

Always fun to see complete ripoffs of other peoples work without credits which are then hosted on sites with popup ads. smile_o.gif

The manual's not finished, so credit's aren't included yet (simple oversight). Also, hosting's free, so popups are kind of a fact of life.

It's not a complete ripoff either. The AI is completely brand new, all elements of evolution have been implemented on both sides, a new menu has been produced with completely different options unseen in other missions (to my knowledge). In my opinion, you're trolling wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]where can i download this? i don't see a link anywhere

link: http://arma.isgreat.org/

direct: http://arma.isgreat.org/EVO30CTI4.0SM.Sara.zip

Quote[/b] ]There must be a way to call a helicopter to rescue you and your team.
Good idea, this might be implemented at a later time.
Quote[/b] ]When i get near the point that i have to protect the mission disapears.
Can you be more specific? Does the mission completely disappear from your options, etc., or does the waypoint just disappear? Do units properly spawn, or is it completely non-functional? Error message? Thanks!

Constructive criticism, questions, and feedback are always welcome. Remember, the more all of you can tell us about the way the mission behaves, your individual experiences, and bugs you encounter, the better future versions will be.

Of particular interest is the performance of the AI. During tests we found that one AI occasionally loses momentum and begins to be pushed back by the other side. This was originally unintended but adds a new level of depth. However, if you see that one AI seems completely vacant or really... really loses very quickly, please try to provide as much information as possible so it can be checked out. Thanks!

Hi MSpencer......just played the mission again,(Blue side) but this time alone, and the first thing i did was trying to play the DEFENCE mission, but this time i didnt used any mods (Xam, Armaeffects,.....), and now the mission didnt disapeared, but instead the enemies arrived and no one (the AI...Blue and Red) started a combat, i mean, it seems that they have signed peace with each other......When I tried to take a shot to a Red soldier it says "1...cease fire", just like a friendly unit.

I waited for about 5 minutes and then it says MISSION COMPLETE.

Does anyone have the same problem.......

Sorry for my bad english.....

This link should be hosted by Arma sites....

banghead.gif

It is horrible that someone makes some % of a cent every time u click on it.....I got 10-15 pop-ups....

I didn't find download link.......

my opinion

Blacknight

In regards to the question of credits, my thanks for this mission goto the OFP/ARMA community as a whole.  Players, server admins, coders, modelers, map makers etc.

The only expectation I have of this code is to make a better mission for everyone playing Arma.  I like military simulations and wanted a great sandbox to play in.  This is a result of that approach.  The ideas in this are from players and from existing missions.  I have no qualms in using the best code I could find to aid in completion of this.  I also made the mission easily moddable, to pass the torch to the next mission designer and enable customization.  The entire system is moddable and easily changed.  It took many hours and piles of original code to make this work.  Every existing code was reworked to suit the mission.  I hope that people playing arma enjoy this mission, as it was only possible through the compiling of many peoples efforts, and is simply for the community.

PS - My site is free. I appologise in advance for any pop-up issues. Rest assured I make no money from that site.

Chris

PPS - I am looking for help with continued support of this project. Please message me directly if you are interested. I am willing to host modded versions on my site as well. And will assist with mod related questions.

Also -Thank you MSpencer for fielding questions on this thread.

The manual's not finished, so credit's aren't included yet (simple oversight). Also, hosting's free, so popups are kind of a fact of life.

It's not a complete ripoff either. The AI is completely brand new, all elements of evolution have been implemented on both sides, a new menu has been produced with completely different options unseen in other missions (to my knowledge). In my opinion, you're trolling wink_o.gif

I'm trolling?

You seem to agree that there are no credits to the people code has been taken from. Using other peoples work without giving credit is exceptionally bad style.

I'm trolling?

You seem to agree that there are no credits to the people code has been taken from. Using other peoples work without giving credit is exceptionally bad style.

I dont think I could make a mission without being inspired by the way in which someone made a mission, or using scripts that they have created.

In advance of making a new mission, I would just like to thank everyone for everything, in case I use something that may offend someone.

credit for this post goes to ...

my mother for having me

all of my teachers in school for teaching me how to spell

Microsoft for the operating system that enables me to post here

Firefox for making the internet browser

the tequila i drank last night

whistle.gif

Please delete the direct link, it gets hijacked continously when I click on it. The link to your website is fine.

I played this again with ecs and slx and had to turn off the manual open chute option in the ecs control panel and have had no conflicts since.

One problem encountered, I cannot change the loadout of another human player if he joins my squad. When I purchased his loadout and assigned it to him and the funds were withdrawn, he still had has default loadout.

I did include all original evo credits plus credits for all additional code used.  Try the mission and check the credits.  Still credits goto the entire community as the ideas came from players, I learned from MFCTI, CRCTI, Doolitlle CTI, OFPEC and a host of other sources, I use Chris's ARMA script editor and Kegety's tools.  How can you make anything without thanking the entire community?  I've even found my code in some of the sources I used and credited.  

Hostile attitudes toward using existing code are obsolete, a one person design team should not have to redesign the wheel to build a car.  If anything coders should offer thier work to others in the most open source way possible to encourage development.  None of us are being paid to do this.

Thanks to all combat veterans living and dead, it is on thier backs that we are able to stand tall today. DUCIMUS

PS

Quote[/b] ]

credit for this post goes to ...

my mother for having me

all of my teachers in school for teaching me how to spell

Microsoft for the operating system that enables me to post here

Firefox for making the internet browser

the tequila i drank last night

- [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

very funny tounge2.gif

I will look into the player subordinate armament issue, and recommend the fix mentioned above for ecs playing with this mission (ie turn off the manual open chute option - Rowdied).  The reason player subordinates are not re-equiped as the event only happens on the leader player's pc.  I will look into options to globally broadcast the switch.  Thank you for the heads up.

For modders, if you want to edit this mission feel free to ask questions on here and I will answer them as soon as possible. I integrated vehicle creation/weapon scripts to allow rapid modification. Towns are simple to add and subtract, and any number can be used. Players are added and removed on the map editor and require no additional code. I will post a FAQ as questions come in.

I see the mission file is still called: "EVOCTI39SM.Sara.pbo"

Must it not be "EVOCTI40SM.Sara.pbo" ?

:P

i tried to run it on a dedi server, it can't loadd because xtravehicle addons. well , it seem related to addons itself, 'cause my server load the pbo anyway. i simply disabled it.

there is a timesync problem , if ever timesync is what i think. i'm actually seeing west AI , moving in flash gordon style. whistle.gif