Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

SP Fly Like An Eagle

flylikeaneaglepv3.jpg

Fly Like An Eagle [Rated 9/10 in OFPEC http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?action=details&id=201]

Is a Single Player Mission in Arma which offers various facets of combat, from aerial tasks to ground objectives, from combined operational assaults to Rambo style Fury.

A long and action packed mission which features:

* ** Use of Kronzky's Urban Patrol script

* ** Many other cool scripts by the team

* ** Detailed briefing

* ** Over 200 custom sounds

* ** Unlimited Savegames

Mission Design and concept by SaOk and savedbygrace

All voices and radio by savedbygrace

Intro, outro and cutscenes by savedbygrace

Scripting by SaOk

Mission Editing by SaOk

More (contact) details can be found in the readme

Download 1.65 version from ArmaHolic

Download 1.65 version from FileFront

Note: The mission uses addon:

Lowfly´s EditorUpdate v1.02

Note2: I highly recommend that mission is played with custom AI skills - friendly 1.0 and enemy 0.5-0.6

Change log:

v1.1:

- Fixed few typos and corrected sidechats (when repairing the chopper).

- Few conditions for scripts are updated too when operating on north island.

v1.2:

- Should be fixed a problem where sometime POWs left holding cell

v1.3:

- Fixed a problem in chopper cutscene which caused chopper to crash to island sometimes

v1.4:

- Few typos fixed

- Few voices are little louder in mercalillo

- Condition for shilkas is better

- Friendly choppers should crash less likely when spawning

- Player is captive in forest cutscene now

v1.5:

- More typos fixed

- One possible enemy presence in forest meeting removed

- Radio visible on map after load game

- Changes in SF diversion

- Evac chopper should survive better

- SF moves faster to Eponia from diversion hill

- Error between RTEditor and UPS fixed *

- Some other fixes

v1.6:

-Rewritten objectives, dialog

-Remade forest cutscene

-Remade much more complex SF behaviour (Player isnt playing the key role anymore)

-Dynamic reinforcements for SF

-Over 200 new voice files (for cutscene, sidechats and dynamic random voices during mission/close combat)

-Difficulty Selection (affects to available weapons in SF ammobox, enemy manpower and flying part)

-Dynamic Markers for SF

-Objective hints

-Appendid outro

-Many other bug fixes, tweaks

v1.61:

-Random deadly bug in forest cutscene is hopefully fixed

v1.65:

-Added more enemy units for "Hard" and "Very Hard"

-Changes in Eponia for better AI movement

-More reliable reinforcement system

-Many other bug fixes and tweaks

Modified mission (ACE+HWM) v1.5.2 by Gedis:

Download from rapidshare.com

Download from ofp.gamepark.cz

Download from Armaholic

Modified mission requires these addons:

Lowfly´s EditorUpdate v1.02

ACE v1.04

HWM Apaches

Extended eventhandlers (xeh)

HWM_Units Version 3.0 and HWM_Vehicles Version 3.0

arma4smalsj7.jpg

armakuva1smal.jpg

arma1smalcl9.jpg

arma3smalgr2.jpg

Edited by SaOk

This mission could/should work on older arma versions, but i suggest the new 1.12beta. I havent tested if the mission works good when using mods which changes AI.

Gamebalance is best when using custom AI skills - enemy 0.5 and friendly 1.0

I hope you enjoy the mission. It took 5 months to build this. wink_o.gif

thanks smile_o.gif

note: i thought sandbag fix was not neccesary since version 1.12?

thanks smile_o.gif

note: i thought sandbag fix was not neccesary since version 1.12?

I heard too that sandbag AI is fixed in 1.12beta. But mission still needs it for some reason.

If the mission was made using the fix then it'll be embedded in the mission.sqm, and will need deleting after saving in-game.

The sandbag fix happened before 1.12. wink_o.gif

Downloading, Tick-tock-tick, doo doo, doo doo...

Dang, now the song's stuck in my head! crazy_o.gif

I have played some missions. It was very impressive and professional made. Thanks a lot!

Raedor's Sandbag Fix v1.1 isnt required anymore if you download from our homepage or from direct links. Armaholic still have the old version but it will be updated too soon.

edit: Armaholic have new version too now.

Feel free to comment about the mission. What is good and what isnt? I could use the feedback on later missions and maybe to make some patches for this.

Very good mission. notworthy.gif

No major bug found.

The end is hard, i finished with the D30, but the 3rd shilka do not appear ?, we have killed the crews in the town and the rescue arrived.

I love long mission with multiples objectives.

Thanks

Thank you. smile_o.gif

There is only two shilkas but you need to destroy crew leaders before air support arrives. It could be better but this prevents player searching shilkas which rarely are left miles away.

Well, it was all pretty good until I failed to actually find the POWs in the camp. Where are they meant to be? I was running vanilla ArmA 1.12, and yet they were nowhere to be seen, either in the tents in the camp or otherwise. And they weren't dead since no ACU-clad corpses could be found.

Slightly miffed, I made my way up to the town and pulverised the compound with satchels, PG7s, AT4s and shells from the D30, but nothing happened. Some explanation of what your target within the compound actually is would help. smile_o.gif

Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed the mission despite these problems. smile_o.gif

POWs should be in a little fenced area opposite of the ammocrates. Before releasing them you couldnt complete rest ot the tasks. If Engineer dies before the compound then player should try to place satchel(s) himself in the compound.

I will go to test that POW thing again but they have stayed in the holding cell every time before.

New version 1.1 is available. It fixes few typos and corrects sidechats (when repairing the chopper). Few conditions for scripts are updated too when operating on north island.

In readme it says "mission version 1.1". Links in our homepage, in this thread and armaholic gives the new version now.

About the POWs, i found them in a hangar (the big ones with bmp2, trucks parked inside) near a truck.

Excellent mission by the way: good job!

New version 1.2 is available. POWs shouldnt leave the holding cell anymore. While testing I noticed they left it when i was sla soldier so i added "allowfleeing 0" for them and it stopped.

All links give the new version. Armaholic have the new version too.

New version 1.3 is available. Sometimes AI pilot died and crashed to island in cutscene. "setdamage 0" loop wasnt enought. Now script spawns a new pilot everytime if the pilot dies and all seems to work good. Links are updated with new version. Armaholic have it too now.

saok, I salute and thank you (and cocreators of this mission) for this great mission.

Ive not been able to finish it due to my very restricted time but till now its more enjoyable then any official arma mission ive played.

Great use of radio chatter etc !!!

Thanks!

This is an absolutely great mission and I cannot wait to see what you and your fellows come up with next.

Great mission, thanks for all the hard work.

Unfortunately I can't get the mission to end.

I have destroyed all the anti air defences, and the air support has arrived and destroyed all the enemy armour. All the enemy are dead in eponna according to the 'enemy left' counter. Unfortunately the mission is not ending. I haven't had any notification about getting picked up for evac. Any ideas about what i need to do to end the mission?

I was curious to know why we have to hunt down all of the crews, as a disabled vehicle is out of action, making the crew irrelevant.

Perhaps you might consider removing some of the added objects in eponna as there a quite a lot of them and it seems that they are causing a bit of a drop in fps.

Thank you all for positive comments. smile_o.gif

Evac should arrive when enemycounter is almost 0 (2 or 3). It may crash to trees sometimes before reaching the town and mission will not end. I try to fix that to next version and change the condition for shilkas too and maybe remove few more objects from Eponia.

Patch could take some time because i have some university exams coming and i am focusing to make a new big sp mission for Schmalfelden map.

Hey awsome mission, really enjoyed it, i hope you and your team keep up the good work, and hopefully come out with some new campaigns/missions

I updated version 1.4 which fixes few typos in csv and make few voices louder in mercallillo (in chat with medic). Friendly choppers in Eponia should crash less when spawning and condition for shilkas check now if vehicle or crew leader is alive.

All links have the new version.

My next mission "Blue Invasion" is available at ofpec. It should be 95% finished but I will wait testreports before sending it to armaholic and other places. Feel free to comment it here or in ofpec topic.

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=32258.msg221956#new

I am also working on 1.5 version for "Fly Like an Eagle" which could still take some time.