Sign in to follow this  
galandilias

Stable release of ArmA patch

My clan, and I think that many others too, plays only on official versions of ArmA updates installed. Is there any known date of releasing official update package to ArmA? Will 1.12 become some day official patch?

What version is more stable than 1.12? I have not noticed any more crashes in 1.12 than in any other version. Maybe its just me.

Things are usually released when they are ready to be released. I dont think there is an exact planned date. Probably wont be too long but expect more than just a week and less than half a year  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the official patch will be released when it is ready to be released.

lol

meaning when? smile_o.gif

is there any known date? We are jumping now from one beta to another - I know that they are better and better - but they are still beta - meaning not officially approved by ESL, ECL and so on...

unless BIS is almost finished with the patch, there is no way they would be able to give a release date as they can stumble upon any problem which would give stability problems.

It's asking for the obvious and the correct answer has allready been given twice: when it's ready

The general notion about release dates is: there is no official release date. Patches are released when they are done. biggrin_o.gif

I know it sucks, but official release dates are pretty pointless anyway in most cases.

Simply use 1.12, even if it`s called beta it works absolutely fine.

It will be installed like a mod, so you still can use the final after installing 1.12 beta.

Simply use 1.12, even if it`s called beta it works absolutely fine.

It will be installed like a mod, so you still can use the final after installing 1.12 beta.

Yes but almost no one is playing online on 1.12, pitty cause i can confirm that it runs nice and stable.

But still has some minor probs.

But still has some minor probs.

But nothing I've seen or heard to prevent it being a release candidate - would we rather have a few bugs left (it's never going to be possible to get rid of them all) and all be playing the same version now?

We know that when BIS is finished with a final patch it will be released. But how long will it take to be released?? This community is supportive of BIS with bug reporting with this forum and bug tracker to help them.

Not to knock BIS or anything as I have great respect for these guys but the patch is taking too long.

I think the real question is why aren't more people using the latest beta patch? When I look at the MP server list a ton of people/servers are still on 1.08

I mean, it's not THAT hard to run the beta patch, is it? Especially when you consider the benefits of VON and such.

Theres a few factors to consider regarding what is slated to be a "final patch"

They are working to make the game more compatible with Vista when the game was initially never intended to support it.

Vista SP1 just came out last month. Nvidia hasn't even caught up to where it's fully compatible with Vista let alone SP1.

Many MOBO chipsets are still having issues getting SLI & Crossfire handling straightened out, let alone the card manufacturers ironing out the bug's in their drivers.

Then theres a Bi-monthly update to DirectX and with the state of progress in Vista it almost guarantees that there will be some important change in them resulting in the need for yet another hotfix or patch from BIS (if they release a "final" anytime soon.

Then, to top it all off, XP is supposed to be releasing SP3 sometime this month, meaning more changes which will need to be taken into account.

I think the likelyhood of a final patch release anytime in the near future (3-6 months) would be highly premature and if so, done only to appease the masses who's only real concern seems to be "I want it now".

Doing it, and doing it properly are two different worlds.

Doing it for "doing it's" sake will only lead to further problems, doing it properly will lead to alot of happy gamers.

Nuff said?

Just my 2 bit's.

i too don't understand why more ppl aren't using the 1.12b when playing online ( hey, were are all the ppl that nagged about no linux? :P ), since there are quite a lot of changes\improvements in it from 1.08.

and for release date, well, it's been answered smile_o.gif

as for xpsp3, isn't that mostly just a sum of all the fixes and hot fixes ms have released since sp2?

I tested ArmA in v.1.12 beta with Vista Home Premium 32Bit SP1, and was surprised of the performance i got.

Oblivion (TES IV) is nearly unplayable on Vista, and has more than double performance when i start it with Win2K Prof. SP4.

btw.

I can only speak for the sp part of ArmA, as i don`t play online.

i too don't understand why more ppl aren't using the 1.12b when playing online

I've seen a few posts regarding how certain dedicated server hosts (rentals) refuse to hassle with uploading beta patches to their servers, so I'd guess thats part of it. But I'm another SP fan as well so easier for me to be patient I suppose.

Mabey a sticky topic could be made for people to post their personal server info running the 1.12 beta? List location, normal hours of operation, player capacity, mods / addons etc.?

Just a suggestion.

don't worry it will be out sometime soon when it's ready smile_o.gif ...

btw. XP SP3 runs great with 1.12b

My clan, and I think that many others too, plays only on official versions of ArmA updates installed. Is there any known date of releasing official update package to ArmA? Will 1.12 become some day official patch?

Yes it will... when it's done.

Closing.

</span>

Quote[/b] ]Where should we send our server crash log ?

With 1.12 i got lots of crashes for my server :/

<span =''>

The best you can do is to send them to Microsoft using Windows Error Reporting. From the MS database we get the crashes sorted by frequency, accompanied with the crash info, it really works very well. See also http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files