Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Dynamic Sound AI - RC 1.0

Master Sergeant
    Hey Wolfrug,

I lowered the volume levels and everything works like a charm now! In fact, the missions are even more atmospheric now, as it's harder to distinguish speech from environmental sounds. Was that a cough? Do I hear someone humming "Kalinka"? Or is that just my heart beating?

Marvellous stuff

hey Wolfrug

great addition indeed.

Today I had this error popping up. Very strange. Never had it before.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Warning Message: Script RUG_DSAI\RUG_DSAI\RUG_DSAI\RUG_DSAI&#9 2;DSAI_Misc.sqf not found

If you enjoy my work and want to my support efforts doing this for a living,
    please consider to become a patreon - Community Funded Modding!

(255 of 1000$ per month by 33 patrons reached for first tier)

Current projects: CUP, AiA TP, AiA SA, AiA HQ, IFA3, Blitzkrieg

Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?

Weird.

First of all, that's way too many folders. RUG_DSAI\RUG_DSAI is where all the scripts are (the first RUG_DSAI being the .pbo name). However in v.1.0 the core RUG_DSAI does not contain the DSAI_Misc.sqf script - those scripts (which contain sound lists for stuff like reloading, formation leaders and such) are local to each language iteration (in which case the path would be RUG_DSAIENG\RUG_DSAI for the English language pack).

So. In short. I dunno. Did you play a mission that might have an old version of the scripts maybe? Don't know what kind of errors might pop up then.

Regards,
    Wolfrug

Master Sergeant
    I'm posting this in two threads, as this pertains to the interaction between two addons.

I have created a mission where blufor units (placed in editor) assault a town swarming with insurgents (DAC generated). To enhance the atmosphere, I wanted to use DSAI (Dynamic Speaking AI). However, for some unknown reason, the insurgents (which are on the redfor side), refuse to utter a single sound. Would you have any idea what might be causing this?

This is what's in my init.sqf btw:

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]execVM "DAC\DAC_Config_Creator.sqf";

setviewdistance 2000;

ACE_NoWeaponDispersion = true;

ACE_NoBlackout = true;

RUG_DSAI_SIDES = [ "RUG_DSAIArab", "RUG_DSAIEng", "RUG_DSAIArab", "RUG_DSAIArab", "RUG_DSAIEng" ];

RUG_DSAI_CycleTime = 20;

target1 = false;

target2 = false;

target3 = false;
    Thanks in advance,
    Xawery

Very nice mod! One very interesting battle effect this mod has is that we can actually hear the enemies talk from a distance and helps to hunt them down! hahahaha! No wonder radio and verbal silence is observed during operations!

Nevermind.
    Last edited by 11aTony; Sep 14 2010 at 16:28.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567