Since this version of RUG_DSAI is in most matters entirely revamped from the old version, I figured it needed a whole new topic. The reason it's entirely different is thanks to Sickboy, who overhauled all my clunky old scripts, made it MP-compatible, and messed with the configs until they look like they do now (really sleek). Aside from that, RUG DSAI still does what it used to: gives your and the enemies' AI a voice beyond the stale radio messages.
BIKI Page on RUG DSAI
Look at the above page for advanced instructions on installation, MP-usage, mission-maker/server admin options, and creating/editing the language packs. Here's the short version:
= Features =
* Ready made scripts for Dynamic Sound AI that is easily modifiable by the end-user.
* Your AI will shout curses at the enemy, tell you when they're reloading, throwing a grenade, engaging, when they're hurt, fleeing or when they've scored a big kill! And much more.
* Works in both SP, client-side MP and server-side MP
* Features English, Arab, Russian and Spanish voices by default
* Can assign voices to all sides (BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent, Civilian, SideEnemy)
* Easily activated/deactived by mission makers, addon makers or server admins as required, using global variables and config entries (see below for more information)
* Auto-initialization using XEH(fully XEH compatible)
Note: this also requires XEH to work, of course.
Edit (BIG NOTE): For server-side MP, it requires ArmA v. 1.09+ ! Uses new command addPublicVariableEventHandler. Should work in 1.08 client side/SP
Installation (for dummies):
- Place the RUG_DSAI.pbo, RUG_DSAIGen.pbo + any language files you want - I suggest just putting them all - into a modfolder (such as @RUG_DSAI\Addons), and start up the game. You should notice your teammates talking a lot more now (note: only English voices are extensive, the other languages are mostly combat-oriented)
- NB: you need the latest version of XEH loaded as well.
Advanced installation notes on the BIKI page.
Mirrors and bug reports much appreciated! Note: I'm not the MP master here, so if you've got problems setting it up for your server/MP game, you might want to ask Sickboy directly
ArmaHolic mirror (thanks guys!
ePrison.de mirror (cheers!
ArmedAssault.info mirror (should be v.1.0 RC - slight omission in the readme.txt )