Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

RealTimeEditor 5

That's a little more precise but still not precise enough :(

Are you using "Use local folder"? Then you can't install into the program folder since windows doesn't allow to write into that folder. If you're in local mode, a empty doLocal file will exists in the RTE Capture folder.

Which path can't be found?

nor sure which path can't be found. this is the error message i get on start up. 2nqy4io.jpg

and yes it is in local mode. I will try and figure out how to switch local mode off - must be something i might've missed

thanks!

profile opened up after a long wait. I have pm'd you my profile settings.

Edited by twisted

This error message is really impressive :(

The error message you receive is probably because of the same error. I can't find that string inside my code :(

"Local folder" means that all files are stored within that folder which works if you install it outside the program folder. Within the program folder it should use the the appfolder to save it data instead.

The parameters look right aside of the mod order. But you can start A2 OA as you like, then have RTE Capture running in the background when using JayArmA2Lib.

Use "add existing objects" to add preplaced objects/units.

Many people as well as me couldn't find a descent answer when they couldn't run RTE in OA or Combined Ops. I describe how to did it finally.

1. Install RTE (I used 1.60 Installer)
  2. Run RTE Capture application
  3. Don't try to press "Launch Arma2" - throws errors.
  4. Go to Settings > Profiles
  5. Wait patiently, it can take several minutes (scans directories I guess)
  6. Now profile settings window opens
  7. Choose Arma2 tab
  8. Manually set path to arma2oa.exe (if you want it for Arrowhead or CO) or arma2.exe (if you use plain Arma2)
  9. (IMPORTANT!) Don't leave the "parameters" field empty - you'll got error.
  10. Choose mods from right (@jayarma2lib, @cba, @rte required)
  11. Select game parameters you want
  12. Rename your profile if you want
  13. Click save\OK

Now you can press the "Launch" button and everything will be working properly.

If you still don't have Realtime Editor item in main game menu - try setting "Use RTE Capture dll" checkbox in profile settings.

hi i have a problem with RTE 5 and arma 1

i cant connect the RTE to the client..

i use the currend extended Eventhandler 1.92, armalib isnt working cause incompability, and "use rte capturedll" is acticated

arma 2 version is working without problems like the RTE 4rev3

thy 4 any help

It seems that the latest version of RTE cannot be used in conjunction with the updated @JayArma2Lib. The update was necessary due to some internal changes with the most recent beta version of ArmA2. The problem now: exporting does not work, because a connection between RTE and RTECapture cannot be established.

Is it possible at all that you could update the package once more to make the feature available again? This would be very much appreciated!

Danke im Voraus,

Steffen

I second that ; it would be most appreciated, I use RTE for all my mission making

Hi! This is a wonderful addon I love it!

However, I have ARMA 2 through steam, and I use "Combined Operation"... how would I make my parameters so I can properly save?.. I can use the RTE, however I cannot save!

I got it working for OA but can't seem to get it to work for CO,

Thanks a lot!

Mike

Love this tool, really clever and exactly what mission makers need to give their missions some higher detail. :cool:

However, the in game editor could really use a larger font, it's extremely hard to read at high resolutions.

Hi all,

I have installed Arma2 + OA+BAF+PMC+1.62 Patch. RTE, JayArma2Lib und @CBA installed. ArmA starts with Error-Message JayArma2Lib is a incompatible Version, please check your Version. If i start a Example-Mission to use the RTE, i become this Error-Message "Script not found". After Click on the Real Time Editor-Button the RTE starts, but i read this Message: RTE not started, Saving of Objects not possible.

Here my RPT.

============================================================ =========

== D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe

== "D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@JayArma2Lib;@RTE

============================================================ =========

Exe timestamp: 2012/07/25 23:14:21

Current time: 2012/07/26 01:29:50

Version 1.62.95248

[77,26.427,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.3. MISSINIT: missionName=intro, worldName=Desert_E, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[77,28.756,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpe rcmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon

Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpe rcmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl

[197,42.065,0.048,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[197,42.248,0.048,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.175, "]

[197,42.274,0.048,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-A:1, group=L 1-1-A, player=<NULL-object>, _playerType=", _playerGroup=<NULL-group&gt]

[5808,75.159,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.3. MISSINIT: missionName=RTE_Test, worldName=Takistan, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[5808,75.235,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

Warning Message: Script not found

ion_rte_dta\ion_pipe.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

[7551,85.633,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[7551,85.658,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.175, "]

[7551,85.661,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=2, BIS_functions=L 1-1-B:1, group=L 1-1-B, player=C 1-1-A:1 (viper), _playerType=TK_CIV_Takistani01_EP1", _playerGroup=C 1-1-A]

Warning Message: Script ION.0.CLOSE|ION_RTE.ION not found

THX for Help

schukow

PS.: I have ArmA X.

you need jaylib_new for 1.62

Hello, I can't run RTEcapture.exe . Nothing happens when I try to run that file . Are there any required runtimes, libraries, etc ?

Hi all,

ok, here two Screenies of my problem.

@PvPscene, JayArmA2Lib_new is updated via Sixupdater.

start_mission_engvnjl1.jpg

start_rte_engwdkkd.jpg

Greetings

schukow

@schukow and all others, this is the topic for the Armed Assault version. Not Arma 2! Maybe post your questions in the correct thread?

@schukow

Do not crosspost! I have deleted your other post directing traffic from the correct thread to the wrong thread.

Ahh, I've solved it . Ad-Aware blocked it . Thank you for cool utility :cool:

Hey i have a problem here whenever i tried to export i got this message "RTE CAPTURE NOT STARTED"

http://i61.tinypic.com/2llok5t.jpg (213 kB)

But the RTE is already active

nJeXROT.jpg

And its weird in tutorial video i saw there message in debuglog "Hook Installed" but mine there's no message.

How do i fix this ? I really like to use this..

Edited by PeyoteKonak