Sign in to follow this  
william1

Mando missiles and Flares replacement addon

hello , few days ago i released a flare system based on Franze's F-18 , but today i've given a go to Mando missiles 2.3 and i said to myself ...what the h*eck! this is fantastic ! .

So i've made a standalone addon that enables Mando missiles and Flare/chaffs automatically without having to edit the missions ,to all BiS plane/choppers (except camel and DC3) with the possibility of implementing them to any other BIS or 3rd party* addon you want by editing a HPP file.

*XEH compatible.subjected to limitations of a less configurable closed addon like mando missiles-addon version- is.

NOTE: of course this replacement only include a little few of the inmmense possibilities of Mando missiles suite so don't expect all of them in here wink_o.gif

this replacement will overwrite the default parameters of your Mando missions, so if you want to keep them as they are, i suggest to put this addon in a mod folder and activate it when desired.

this replacement is not compatible with flares replacement based on Franze's F-18, because both are meant to do the same (Franze's only flares) by different media, choose only one.

Requeriments: Mando missiles suite ver 2.3 Addon version.

extended eventhandlers by Solus and Killswitch.

installation: put Mando_replacemissiles.pbo in the mod/addons folder of your choice.

put Mando_replacemissiles.HPP in the DTA folder of your Arma directory.

Credits: Mandoble (Mando missiles addon) true guru of scripting.

William1 (standalone addon)

Full documentation of "how to" included in the rar file.

download link:

http://www.transfer.ro/storage....99b.rar

mirror:

http://rapidshare.com/files....ar.html

Media fire.

ups ! i forgot to comment the example in the hpp file, download again please , some lack of sleep i guess biggrin_o.gif

thanx alot)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone prompt to me how make that in a combat mode all attacking helis and the planes shot flares by auto (on 2 at regular intervals)?

---------------------------------------------------------------

the answer is received from Mandoble

thanks

Had no time to check it yet, anyway, two points:

- I assume mando missile addon or mando missile script suite might be present (one or the other, not only the mando missile addon).

- I suppose you need to activate this automatic replacement within the mission someway, right? Not that everything is automatically replaced always.

Hi Mandoble , all you need is Mando missile suite -addon version- for it to work , and no , you don't have to do anything to activate the replacement , it's completely plug-and-play , all BIS planes/choppers will use your misiles and flares/chaffs automatically always

smile_o.gif

I'm having trouble with the dl link. Nothing happens when I click on the link, except a new page with a "problem loading page" error.

If it activates automatically then this addon is intrusive and incompatible with any mission that is already using mando missile (any version, addon or scripts). You should state it clear in your readme.

William, you should reconsider seriously the way it activates, and of course, never do it automatically. You may use the presence of a gamelogic, as current mando missile does in its addon form.

The dl link is not really reliable: I've uploaded the file here : Media fire.

@Mandoble:

Do you think ? for what i tested is completely compatible with any mando mission and had no problems .What this replacement does is exactly the same as your "mando_replacemissiles_addon.Intro" mission, but without you having to put any gamelogics or init fields in the units. Well the purpose of activate them automatically is preciselly to avoid putting gamelogics in the missions huh.gif

@Manzilla , new mirror added

thanks @Yeb

Yes, it is compatible with mando missiles, but not with missions using mando missiles. Just a basic example, I have a mission where I want 3 AH6 to have manual flares only, the rest will have automatic flares, with with a reaction time of 0.5 seconds dropping flares when missiles are closer than 900m. Then I have 2 harriers there, both with manual countermeasures and RWR. As you can see, you addon, if activated automatically, would mess that mission completely. Even more, lets I have a mission where the missiles are already replaced automatically by mando ones, and all the planes have already automatic flares or chaff, again your addon will interfere with this mission. In fact, your addon would not interfere only with these missions that are not using any form of mando missile.

Now it seems you are activating mando missile automatically, with mando missile init.sqf, but that script has several key parameters. Lets say I'm using the script version for a mission with a special init setup, your addon will nullify my setup as you are already initializing mando missile system with default parameters.

Just some basic examples.

you've got the point there , the replacement parameters will overwrite the mando mission parameters .But well, this replacement is just an alternative to people who doesn't want to complicate with many parameters (without despising your work notworthy.gif Mandoble forever) and want just some fast play .

Advanced players can use yor suite as it is , and people who wants

fast mando missiles can use the replacement , maybe putting it in a mod folder , and activating it when desired smile_o.gif

i will put the note in the first post

regards

so)

can i add my 5 cent?

i want to say that for me, as I do not have sripting skill, very much satisfies replacement version, which replace default BIS missiles...

thanx alot///

to william1

whether I can change

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers-from class_All to separately_each_class or vehicle_name?

Sure Nikita, the problem I see here is the automatic activation of everything without even considering that the mission itself might have already a different setup for mando missiles.

For you, having scripting skills or not, it would be quite easy to just add a special gamelogic to your mission just to have the replacement automatically done. Or even better, to have several special gamelogics, each one with a different setup so you might select which setup is better for your mission.

IMO, who should always decide how his mission should work is the mission author, not any external factor. With automatic replacement many missions will stop working, of course all these that are using mando missiles, but also others which depend on the destruction of some planes or choppers. Typical example might be these where you need to shotdown several choppers or planes, but surprise, now they are using flares, you ran out of missiles and half of them are still alive and the objetive will never be accomplished, same case for cutscenes, etc.

EDIT:

As an example, this automatic replacement is already incompatible with mando air support console, which also checks for mando missile initialization to provide countermeasure dispensers to all the spawned planes and choppers and automatic mando missile replacement. That means that each missile would be replaced twice and each plane would have two countermeassure dispensers, each one using a different deploy criteria.

Quote[/b] ]IMO, who should always decide how his mission should work is the mission author, not any external factor. With automatic replacement many missions will stop working, of course all these that are using mando missiles, but also others which depend on the destruction of some planes or choppers. Typical example might be these where you need to shotdown several choppers or planes, but surprise, now they are using flares, you ran out of missiles and half of them are still alive and the objetive will never be accomplished, same case for cutscenes, etc.

but Mandoble , that ocurrs with every addon that alters the default BIS settings , like the case of those ones that alter the engage distance of the units for example.In fact is impossible to make all addons compatible with all missions, so is the end user who decide wich ones want to use and wich not.

the better solution would be to put the replacement in a mod folder , and activate it depending if you are going to play mando missions , or default missions without mando scripts.

@nikita320106 , the replacement is activated by units , the class all only activates the "gamelogic" so to speak

Ummm...could anyone do me a huge favour by emailing a copy to us please? The download links aren't working anymore, as you can see, and I really know nothing at all about mission editting...

Dunno whther such a request is appropriate but I'd be dead grateful.

my email is

wenqiweiabcd@gmail.com