Big-Rooney

Modern Combat - SLX Mod version 1.1

update.gif

Finally.

Today I've released the newest version of the Modern Combat - SLX Mod. Version 1.1 is a new complete rewrite of the the original mod and has been drastically improved and updated with new scripts and new units. it doesn't require any previous version of the mod so delete the old one before you install the new one.

Links:

----------

Download Modern Combat - SLX Mod v1.1 - Filefront @12:30 14/4/08

Modern Combat - SLX Mod v1.1 Readme @12:30 14/4/08

Installation Notes:

----------------------------

To install the modification simply extract the @MCM-SLXv1.1.7z using 7-Zip or WinRar anywhere on your computer. Remove any old @MCM-SLX from your computer. Then move the folder over the the main Operation Flashpoint directory usually "C:\program files\codemasters\operation flashpoint". Then change the shortcut launch parameters to whatever your Operation location is. The current shortcut is set to "F:\program files\codemasters\operation flashpoint". Change this if need be and also change the Target location which is set to "F:\program files\codemasters\operation flashpointFLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@MCM-SLX. Change this if need be.

Changes from version 1.02:

-----------------------------

- Fixed AH-64 optic error.

- Fixed F-15 weapon loadout error.

- Fixed F-15 weapon firing error.

- Fixed A-10 engaging error.

- Fixed A-10 GBU loadout error.

- Fixed Mi-24 firing error.

- Fixed Su-25 firing error.

- Fixed UAZ cargo error.

- Fixed HMMWV errors.

- Fixed Russian Naval troops AT errors.

- Fixed Russian Motorized troop errors.

- Fixed US Army troops errors.

- Fixed US Army and Marines loadout errors.

- Replaced Marco Paulo AH-64's with Franze AH-64's.

- Replaced Tomi-D Su-29 with Tomi-D Su-25.

- Added AH-64A's and D's with Hellfires and Rocket Pods.

- Added Su-24.

- Added Su-27.

- Added T-72B.

- Added T-80's

- Added T-72A's

- Removed The LAV-25 Air Defence.

- Removed The M16A2 from active service.

- Removed The VDV armor (Time consuming).

- Removed Naval armor (Time consuming).

New Misc Stuff:

--------------------

- New Options system that allows you to change a lot of stuff in the mod to your own preference. Just like the GRAA by sanctuary.

- New Sounds for most weapon systems.

- New Intro movies and music.

- Nice new GUI. Much tidier than the last one. Softer on the eyes to.

There is much more new stuff that was added but I cant't remember it all. The readme has all the info you need.

MP Play:

-------------

Unfortunately with the addition of the Option system. MP playing is now totally uncontrollable and probably will result in a CTD error when you try to play online. Don't worry though I will find a solution and will try to release a version that is playable with Multi-player. At the moment I don't know what MP play will result in.

ArmA:

--------

I'm now getting into the ArmA coding works. I've already coded some large replacement stuff for my self and am working on a good little project on the ArmA front. I will be exclusively be working on my ArmA work now but I will update the mod if necessary and when it is needed with bug-fixes, additions etc.

bmps.jpg

rusreb.jpg

usbdu2.jpg

spetz.jpg

Screen #5

Screen #6

Screen #7

Good to see progress and a release on this mod. It's too bad you shifted most of you're attention over to arma sad_o.gif. Now to try this one out with my new hardware upgrades. Also why is the Su-27 called Su-27K ? it should be SU-27SM unless it is the carrier based variant (su-33).

Amazing - downloading !

Looks great.

-Chapman

EDIT : I am getting an error in the resistance BMP-1P (Malyutka error)

I wish there are more mirrors for this though like from ofp.gamepark.cz etc..

Thanks for this mod! I've briefly played with the editor and the 'Steal the Car' mission - I love the sounds and am anxious to give it a thorough try; your screenshots do a really good job grabbing one's attention.

Three questions:

1. I'm new to OFP. What are the batch files in the @MCM-SLX directory for (I've looked in the readme pdf and can't find their use)?

2. Is there a way to change Malden and Everon to versions with different foliage?

3. Is there a technical reason why I should not want to change the islands (AI issues)?

Thanks. again! notworthy.gif

OK. First testing goes with a few bugs.

VDV soldier after mounting PSO-1 muzzle flash remains there permanently after unmounting muzzle flash disappears (so far every time I mount the PSO-1 a permanent muzzle flash appears - problem does not occur on GP-25 ak-74m or on mounting AK-74).

Tokarev needs to be replaced by APS and PMM.

Hand visible through ammo box on PKM.

PG-7VL should be used instead of PG-7V.

Upon loading VDV sniper i get error message "picture equip\w\w_svddragunov_sf.paa" not found.

VDV recon should have AKS-74M not AKS-74 and ability to mount/dismount scopes.

2A70 should be 2A70 100mm.

Russia should not have BTR-152 (taken out of service in 1993) instead use a BTR-70.

Rebel BMP-1P should be BMP-1 and it gives magic error upon loading

No type-59 mbt listed in editor

Thanks for releasing this version and improving vanilla OFP.

But i got some bugs too - playing only official missions huh.gif

- very often missions doesn't end properly - with black screen and mission sounds in background - i have to abort with ALT + F4

- cockpit HUD is to big

- i dont use crosshair but it appears and look "consolish"

- AI has problems in pathfinding and with formations

- some error messages appear in upper left corner sth not found false operator....

- Stinger, Javelin (and possible all secondary weapons) have option to mount Aimpoint

- sliding with tanks like in Colin McRae Rally

- if player rolls left/right breathing is to much

- leaning sound is to loud

With more time and betatest's this MCM-SLX version would be better. Hope you will fix most of bugs before leaving OFP.

I really suggest removing the winter maps if none of the units have winter camo I would've been fine if M1A2 was the only vehicle with winter camo. Other wise its strange seeing it like that.

Big R..

I tried this first with a vanillia mission from 2001. Russian paratroops drop in at begining, like Universal I got a message "picture equip\w\w_ak74[something].paa" missing. Tried another mission with armor and saw no muzzle flashes or explosions, just a bunch of smoke. This was in all of about 10-15mins. Also I see no info on how to use "Option Settings" anywhere. Will try further to see what else pops up. I would have liked to start this off with a rave review, but some beta tesing needs to be done i think to work out all the bugs. I hope you hang in with it before you leave to fix the big things.

Thanks what what you have done to improve OFP...

Love it - the firefights seem more intense and the sound FX are extremely good - quite enjoy the audio commands overheard during battle - a small thing but its attention to detail.

Found something odd - anytime the RPG is used to disable or destroy a vehicle other than an MBT - there is minimal or no fire effects - I do realize they are on random but the BMP series doesn't seem to catch fire from RPG & LAW rounds.

Other than that - the wait was well worth it - cheers!

EDIT - Further play-testing with other non-MCM addons initiate the flame effect but the MCM included anti-tank/anti-armor assets do not.

-Chapman

Gonna give this a crack, still loving OFP, thanks to all the great mods being worked on. Well done once again, Big-Rooney! smile_o.gif

ok played the "Steal The Car" episode and both times when I clicked continue I got the black screen of nothing and i could hewar the car honking but I couldnt change missions or get out of the car . when I tried it locked up my system and i hard to hard boot.

as a side note is there a way to bring back the new 3rd person view the mod had before? i liked that angle.

first of all, thank you biggrin_o.gif

2. can I use the old extra-pack or is there a new one planned?

found a bug:

Stinger and Javelin are not hitting the targets, only sometimes, most of the missles make a turn when they're close to the target or are too high and fly over.

yay.gif

T-55A is infact Type-59 for Rebels. PKM for rebels not PK.

Upon loading BMP-1P (Rebels Armoured) I get the following: Error loading mcm_ru_veh\bmp\malutka.p3d (magic)

T-62A Rebels should just be plain T-62A and not FIA BEAR/FOX variant. M16A1/A2 for Rebels not A4

T-72A for Rebels should be designated T-72M. While T-72B for rebels should be designated T-72M1. 9K113 Konkurs not 9K111.

Also in the 3rd red hammer mission at the end the Soviet flag is flying can't it be replaced with a Russian flag ? In Beachhead assault (red hammer) american fortresses have DSHKM's which is wrong (should be M2). M249 "Elcan" is incorrectly labeled as M60 Elcan in the action menu.

In Beachhead assault (red hammer) american fortresses have DSHKM's which is wrong (should be M2).

That's probably a problem with the mission itself, which no one other than Codemasters can fix smile_o.gif

Well I saw M2's higher up. I just chopped one guy mounting a M2 . So I have no idea why its mixed like that. Also one of my own men from my squad died but it didn't list him as dead until I buried him and in the squad action menu he was "ready" maybe a small bug and I could shoot him all I wanted and he would still report status etc.... On picking up pieces random jibberish errors during intro.

Looks very nice!

Problem: Filefront- download give me a half of this file (~350 mb), showed it as "downloaded" and result, when try to open it, is "coruppted file". It would be great, if anyone can supply us with an alternate download location ( I tried it the 3rd time with negative result), because I also want to have this nice piece of work!!!!

That problem usually occurs when using a download manager/accelerator. Download it normally (like with firefox). I had the similar problem till I downloaded it normally. I also get a crash on the mission where you have to find the fuel HEMTT for the chopper (red hammer) when I start to engage the enemy convoy.