Big-Rooney

Modern Combat - SLX Mod version 1.1

Updates? The only update that I'm aware of is the one that I have that Solus created and sent to me when I observed that a number of the buildings had windows that made AI invisible that were located OUTSIDE of certain buildings. If you were inside the structure, you couldn't see them, but THEY could still see you.

I recently reinstalled v.1.1, and the fix that Solus made for me was not in it (yet). I took the file he sent me, and installed it and *like magic* a good share of the windows were working properly again. Guba's head quarters' building's windows are now working properly. It's a "must download" as far as I'm concerned, regardless if it's for this mod or any other.

Here's the link to it, for those who are interested:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e63b2cd0f40e9f781bee9a6e9edd9c76e04e75f6e8ebb871

Now, if there WERE other updates for this extremely important mod, I'd LOVE to get my hands on them.

Does anyone know for certain if there were updates released for it?

Edited by Kyle_K_ski
Black text please New link for revised files with clearer directions for using the patch

Dumb Question...But How do i get the Artillery workin...

Thanks...

sorry for the bump but im slow and cant figure it out either

I had contacted BR about the artillery and possible update and he said due to real life obligations it will be some time before an update is done. Also, the artillery was disabled due to problems it was causing.

Yeah Thanks.

Im looking for MCM 1.1 online players,from europe.

If anyone is intrested?

Contact me please *Somedude_47@hotmail.com*

im having a problem with MCM every time i start a mission i always get a window pop up before the start of a mission which is this

Script ..\@MCM-SLX\SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf not found

I looked in my flashpoint folder to see the mod folder where MCM is at and everything looks completely fine and the GL3 is their too so i dont kno what it could be does anyone have any suggestions

Edit: I just fixed the problem but i am curious why i automatically go prone when i get shot at is their away of changing that setting?

Edited by kosta87
One problem solved

Its automatic,you can disable it,im not sure i remember how,but maybe someone can help?

im having a problem with MCM every time i start a mission i always get a window pop up before the start of a mission which is this

Script ..\@MCM-SLX\SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf not found

I looked in my flashpoint folder to see the mod folder where MCM is at and everything looks completely fine and the GL3 is their too so i dont kno what it could be does anyone have any suggestions

Edit: I just fixed the problem but i am curious why i automatically go prone when i get shot at is their away of changing that setting?

Its automatic,you can disable it,im not sure i remember how,but maybe someone can help?

yea i remember a long time ago someone had a similiar problem and fixed it cant remember where to find that post i hope someone can help solve my question

I think i managed to solve the problem with the auto prone when in fire fights i went in the SLX_GL3 settings and went to this line

// Used to disable tactical maneuvers such as bounding overwatch, garrisoning buildings, calling for backup, and taking cover. Maneuvers enabled by default.

SLX_NoManeuver = 1;

then i added these // at the SLX_NoManeuver = 1;

so it should look like this

// Used to disable tactical maneuvers such as bounding overwatch, garrisoning buildings, calling for backup, and taking cover. Maneuvers enabled by default.

//SLX_NoManeuver = 1;

If it doesnt work let me know i been doin so much testing and since i applied those // i had no auto proning at all

Setting:

SLX_NoManeuver = 1;

to

SLX_NoManeuver = 0;

might do the same thing

Setting:

SLX_NoManeuver = 1;

to

SLX_NoManeuver = 0;

might do the same thing

maybe i give that a try too

Just wondering if any knew if it was possible to take the death anims from Liberation Mod and move it into the MCM folder ?

Thanks,

S. Chapman

i remember Big Rooney made an update to this MOD including the replacement of the M113 for the striker links plz i hope...

when i unrar it says it cannot unrar the sound files

should i just re download

i believe it depends on where u r extracting the file if you are extracting it in ofp's directory then you will have errors depends on the operating system if you are extracting it at my documents and its giving you that problem i'd try to redownload it or find another link i found 2 links that are working a few pages back. Good luck

after extensive testing i finally managed to fix one bug when you finish a mission the screen turns black and there is no way to exit the game. Aparently i found that its one file called anims.pbo that is causing this problem. What this does is that it gives the user a different ofp cutscene menu the original. Removing this will have the game play the default camera sequences. Good news too is that when you exit back to the menu you will still see the art work that big rooney has given. So if any users are still having this problem plz remove the anims.pbo in your dta folder.

As for automatic proning i think i found the bug which is the suppressive fire script i dont know if i mentioned this before but no harm in repeating it. What suppressive fire does is that it gives the ai an invisible target to aim at to give the illusion that its suppressing you from a position near you. This invisible target forces the ai and the player to go prone when under fire so removing the // from suppressive fire in GL3 will not make u automatically prone no more.

Unfortunately i could not find where i can remove the soldiers from screaming or shouting etc i believe the script is somewhere deep in the config and i dont know the coding for dynamic speaking.

Hope this info helps