Sign in to follow this  
Scrivener

"Jumpy" Mouse & Multiplayer Custom Difficulty

I finally picked up a copy of ArmA: Gold with a friend, and after playing a few rounds of coop we're both a little concerned. At first glance, it seems like an upgraded OpFP, but there's a couple nagging problems.

First, the mouse. Both of us find that fine aiming with the mouse is night impossible thanks to what seems like mouse "jump." We'll both be getting a steady 60fps, but when you move the mouse gently for fine aiming (such at the shooting range), you'll notice that the cursor doesn't actually move with the fine mouse movements until you've passed a certain threshold, then it jumps to a new location. It doesn't smooth out after that like there's a deadzone, either. It jumps again and again. It's as if the mouse is snapping to an invisible grid. It's especially noticeable when sniping at great ranges where accuracy is of vital importance. Turning down the floating zone helps a bit, but the effect is more like making the "grid" smaller. There's still a jump grid-snap feel to aiming. Is this a known problem that there's a fix for? Please say yes, because it's aggravating as hell.

My second question concerns the difficulty levels. The pre-packaged coop missions are a little on the wildly difficult side, even on Recruit difficulty. Is there any way to customize the difficulty for multiplayer like you can single player?

If not, how in the world do you edit maps made with the wizard? I can't seem to find how to get the full editor panel to show up like it does with the "New > Editor" option. If you try to edit a map that was originally made with the wizard, and click on the Map option, you see the symbols and whatnot, but you can't actually edit the existing guys, objects, etc. I'm stumped.

Thanks for the tips! They're much appreciated.

seems like you came from arcade FPS games, ArmA is different, every weapon has a weight value. the heavier the weapon the more slow it is.

changing the floating value in controls might help you getting a more fps feeling.