Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Multiplayer Coding (Fun Fun Fun :P)

Just trying to get my head around something here.

I've got a unit playing a switchmove animation.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

player switchmove "ActsPercMrunSlowWrflDf_TumbleOver";

This is executed via 'mov\list.sqf':

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

player addaction ["ACTION","mov\tumble.sqf"];

via "nul = [player] execVM "mov\list.sqf";" which is in a trigger(conditions: true AND !local server).

Now the dilemma.

The animation is only played on the clients PC, now this is to be expected, but how would I, whilst keeping the action only accessible by the player, do a switchmove that all eyes can see.

as far as I know, playmove is seen on all clients, switchmove only on the local client.

I think, in addition, one client cannot perform a switchmove on a unit that belongs to another client (as the unit is not local to his machine). You may be forced to use playmove instead on the local client...

use a simple network engine to send code over the network by using setVehicleInit or addPublicVariableEventHandler

(find details on the biki).

I prefer the latter. setVehicleInit would run also on jip clients.

More Advanced system with check for player/server etc:

http://pastebin.com/fb8c39e0

You can make it more advanced with specifying channels per player, and more of course.