Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: MLOD of all vehicle and soldier models released!

or ctrl + A and then ctrl-shift-H

2.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by (Smartti @ Feb. 21 2008,19:53)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]If you create and distribute a work based on the ArmA Sample Models you must license the entire work, as a whole, under this License to anyone who will be using it. This License gives no permission to license the work in any other way, but it does not invalidate such permission if you have separately received it.
    This means whole content of addons/mods using those sample models goes into "open source"? Not limiting just to the part from sample models?
    Yes, this is written in a spirit similar to GNU license. If you want to start your work by modifying our sample models, you "pay" us for this by allowing others to start their work by modifying your models.

(Note the license is not that strong as GNU is, in that it is not forcing you to release your "source" MLOD models.)

You do not have to accept this license, in which case you are limited to the first small bunch of sample models, which are released under a license not having this requirement, or you can start your work from the scratch.
    Ondrej Spanel, BIS Lead Programmer

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by (Suma @ Feb. 21 2008,21:17)
    Quote Originally Posted by (Smartti @ Feb. 21 2008,19:53)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]If you create and distribute a work based on the ArmA Sample Models you must license the entire work, as a whole, under this License to anyone who will be using it. This License gives no permission to license the work in any other way, but it does not invalidate such permission if you have separately received it.
    This means whole content of addons/mods using those sample models goes into "open source"? Not limiting just to the part from sample models?
    Yes, this is written in a spirit similar to GNU license. If you want to start your work by modifying our sample models, you "pay" us for this by allowing others to start their work by modifying your models.

(Note the license is not that strong as GNU is, in that it is not forcing you to release your "source" MLOD models.)

You do not have to accept this license, in which case you are limited to the first small bunch of sample models, which are released under a license not having this requirement, or you can start your work from the scratch.
    I can find myself in this. Good choice I believe. Unless anyone can point out any bad side of this?

People can base their work off it, or they can use them simply as examples and create their own work from ground up.
    Fair deal imo

Quote Originally Posted by (sickboy @ Feb. 21 2008,21:24)
    I can find myself in this. Good choice I believe. Unless anyone can point out any bad side of this?

People can base their work off it, or they can use them simply as examples and create their own work from ground up.
    Fair deal imo ***
    Possible conflicts in multiplayer leading to server crashes when multiple variations of addons/mods appear?

@Suma: Thank you for clearing up this issue!
    FDF Mod - 3d modeller | Need missions and campaigns for OFP FDF Mod? Take a look at http://missions.fdfmod.org/

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by (Smartti @ Feb. 21 2008,21:28)
    Possible conflicts in multiplayer leading to server crashes when multiple variations of addons/mods appear? ***
    I fail to see what this has to do with anything
    Please enlighten

Thanks a lot, now I can proceed again.

Regards,

Sander

I don't know, I'm just a paranoid newbie remembering too much OFP horror stories of server crashing...

Another small question:
    Does this mean if I use for example M16 clip from BIS sample models on one of my guns, all my 100 guns which don't use that clip in same pack are declared open source too?

You know we Finns aren't native English speakers so we need to clear up this issue totally. Thanks for understanding us, I'm sure it's difficult

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Incredible!

I might have to learn how to use Oxygen...
    [self-promotion]
    OFP:R Island : Rezina
    [/self-promotion]

Thanks Sergei_Q and Messiah.

My inbox is fill and won't be emptied. If your PM is regarding requests to use my work, unfortunately I choose not to grant such permission. My work is for use with CWR2 only.

Quote Originally Posted by (Smartti @ Feb. 21 2008,22:28)
    Possible conflicts in multiplayer leading to server crashes when multiple variations of addons/mods appear? ***
    Doesn't addon signing and all that take care of that? If a file is not the same as on the server, the player is not let in.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast