Sign in to follow this  
Alloy007p

Editing maps in wilbur

Well this is really anoying Im trying to make maps in wilbur. The problem is when I save maps in png format and try to open them up again the height of the map is differnt, and not to mention the brush height setting are differnt aswell ex: set brush to 0.1 and re open that map and now the brush is still set at 0.1 but its like its set at 50.0

So is there some differnt format I have to save the map in to be able to be able to open it up the way it was before I closed it? And what's the trick to it becuase I tried saveing the maps in each format and re-opening them, and they either are differnt or dont open confused_o.gif

I always had the same problem... I have never figured out out to solve it, so I usually spend a day on the Wilbur thing, then import it into visitor

ive got a program called earth sculptor that allows u to create terrain in 3d and export it as a heightmap. pm me for details

Word from the wise ... (not sure who that is! lol )

.... forget about the stupid PNG thing

Once you are finish in Wilbur;

- Select *Surface > Find Min/Max* to see what your highest and lowest points are like.

- Goto Save As

- Select Lon/Lat Text Mesh

- Give the file a name ending in .XYZ

- Set up the Dialog as per this window

wilbursaveas.jpg

- Select "Set to Pixel"

- Change the Z min & max to what what your looking for in ArmA in meters high and low

- Reduce the decimals down to 1 or 2

- Click OK

Now in Visitor;

- Goto *Project - Terrain Import from XYZ

- Select your new XYZ file

- Bingo! its in

Much easier I think smile_o.gif

Nice! I wasn't aware that Wilbur could export XYZ, is there any way of getting 3ds data into wilbur? I'm trying convert some terrain data from Google Earth which I have imported to Sketchup.