Sign in to follow this  
AASE

Canadian Forces

Hello to all who read this, we are a small group of Canadians that want to bring Canadian units into ArmA, and since Operation North star dropped out we would like to continue. so we are looking for some talented Modelers, textures that can put stuff ingame.

I hope you just don't shoot us down because we are Canadian we deserve to have our forces in the game just as anyone else. we are hoping some of you will help us out and join our team, so we can be one step closer to having the Canadians fighting on the ground and in the air in ArmA

thank you for reading this

the three main people so far are

Please Contact us @

LCpl Edwards [15thMEU] aase_man2@hotmail.com

Pvt Mcdonald [15thMEU] lt_louis69@hotmail.com

Razer

PFC Foster [15thMEU]

Cpl Chanthasaly [15thMEU]

not too sure i found out today and was very disappointed

Thanks AASE for starting this project - I hope that we'll see Canucks in ArmA soon. Good luck with it mate.

Sad times about Abs and ONS sad_o.gif

IMW Mod is looking in making Canadian units, as some of our team members are canadian. wink_o.gif

sorry if I'm stealing the post. tounge2.gif

But good luck anyways if you do go on!

Quote[/b] ]and since Operation North star dropped out we would like to continue.

We asked several times for additional help...where were the mod makers wanting to make Canadian units then? We didnt see any.

The ONS forum was there, where was the support?

Seems no one gave a shit until they found out ONS was no more.

Good luck guys with your mod. I hope you pull it off.

smile_o.gif

I know this sounds strange, but if IMW has planned to make Canadian Units (haven't been in contact lately doh) then I would stongly urge the OP of this thread to get involved with the Iraq Modern Warfare Team.

And eh, anyone who would dump on the Canadian(military) especially to come into ArmA is either

a)14 years old and a retard.  

b) A waste of skin.

If there has been any Canuck(I hate that word) bashing, I haven't seen it.

Cheers, pistols.gif

Vidz

Very Nice idea love the idea, good luck finding members took me a while before i got additional help.

I hope this mod goes far and yes it is a shame about ONS & Abs.

Kris rofl.gif

I'm wondering why IMWM is planning to include Canadians given that (we) Canadians aren't involved in the Iraq war.

Hey guys just to say we are recruiting for modelers and retextures and anything else so If you are out there guys can you sign up here for our team so we can bring our boys into the game

So far we have Mcdonald

Edwards

Ace

Palmer

Foster

Razeredge

just Afghanistan mate,

I wish this mod the best of luck. Skins shouldn't be too hard. The stock ArmA models are pretty close to what our guys use isn't it? Isn't there already a C7/8 in ArmA? Didn't Earl do some Canadian stuff for OFP? I remeber a really nice render of a McMillan (sp?) .50 cal rifle...

thumbs-up.gif

Canadians aren't involved in the Iraq war.

I thought you were.... huh.gif

Nope, never were. We committed some airborne tankers (Canada Dry 1 & 2), cf-18s (I still have the t-shirt), some air transport aircraft, a field hospital, some naval units, and a couple of thousand troops to the first Gulf War... (I'm probably forgetting much of it)... but we had no involvement in the current... situation.

If you ever graduate onto doing Canadian Forces from earlier

periods, I'd be pleased to convert my British SLR (W.I.P.)

into a C1A1 for you.

Good luck with your project, mates. I wish you all the best. smile_o.gif

Abs

Sorry for the lack of updates guys but my computer that runs arma and the rest of my life has Crupted windows files and will not start so i am working on getting it back online to get working on the mod.

the first thing that we will most likely release is Cadpat Textures on the default player models.

We are still looking for any one who can help with modeling and texturing.

i have a suggstion why shouldn't you guys who make canadians cooporate with IMWM team?

i mean only good can come out of it like:

1.you will work hard on the canadians because it is your main job and your main goal

2.IMWM will probably let you use anything you want out of their mod including weapons,vehicles,already made skins etc'

what comes out of it:

both mods are released faster but better than they were supposed to be!!!

anybody thinks like me here?

and even if im wrong no need to get angry and call me stupid etc okay? rofl.gif

BTW:

I love canada-the state and its army smile_o.gif

sounds like a very nice mod

Re-reading my post from the first page, I seem to have omitted a 'congratulatory' sentence or two. Sorry.

It's great to hear the Canadian units are still on people's minds and being worked on. Good luck fellas smile_o.gif

Vidz

Hi fellas,

If you look at page 82 of the ArmA Photography thread, there is a Canadian unit in the 3rd post and that looks very well done. You should take a look I think wink_o.gif

Lennard.

wink_o.gif

I am glad to see people are still wanting to see canadians in arma. I have a question though about the Iraqi mod team, why limit yourselves to just one conflict? :P

It's not any of my business but you can always change your name to reflect a wider range of theaters. Throw a mideast in there or something you know?

And I'll throw my cards onto the table, if anyone makes Canadian units(not just infantry but vehicles and weapons would be nice too) I'll donate my island Kandahar to their release. I just got the ILS to work and am feeling mighty proud about my progress and I cannot play test this without my fellow canadians to lead the way, it just doesn't feel right, eh?

My only gripe is the islands being released require QG to play and I say over %50 of the people playing arma do NOT have this. But I could be mistaken, it doesn't take much for me to change my mind.

Good luck and make our country proud!

Canada_Flag_Sunset.jpg

we need Canadians as west and Quebecois as east, let them fight in arma smile_o.gif)))

we need Canadians as west and Quebecois as east, let them fight in arma smile_o.gif)))

I'm not sure Canada needs a civil war, thanks.