Sign in to follow this  
datakill

Can't see the satellite layer in Visitor

Hi all, first of all, big thanks goes to opteryx for his tutorial, I would never start to edit Islands wihtout it.

I just followed the tutorial and everything works fine except one thing: How can i see the satellite layer in visitor to add the roads and all that should match with reality ? It's not shown there.

Except that, everything works fine though, the satellite layer is shown in bulldozer and even in the ArmA mission editor as i made a test before starting to add objets and all. This is confusing.

Pretty simple. Just take you satellite image and scale it to say 2500x2500px and save it as BMP--> put it in P:\map\source folder--> in visitor there's a option called Background Images in your Panels of Objects, open this and call it something (doesn't matter what) browse for the image in the field that says BMP image--> make sure the visible box is checked and that transparency is set to somewhere from 0 to 50% and click ok. Now you should have a background image superimposed on your terrain. If you still can't see it, try pressing the BK button which toggles the background image.

EXAMPLE PIC

Thanks a lot ! that was fast !

But now I have an awful white grid on top of it....don't know how to hide that stuff

Select something else in the Panel of Objects, such as Artificial Objects.

Got it !

Why not going forward even though you see a problem ? lol

Thanks again