Sign in to follow this  
the_bengine

Mods no longer work, shortcut wont allow quotation

Hi guys

I've been playing arma with a couple of mods over the past few months, including the official Queen's Gambit one, ArmaEffects and FFAMM.

I booted the game up today and noticed none of the mods were working. I had a look at my desktop shortcut and noticed that instead of:

"M:\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=DBE1 -mod=ArmaEffects -mod=FFAMM

there was:

M:\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=DBE1 -mod=ArmaEffects -mod=FFAMM

So i replaced the quotation marks and, hey presto, the mods worked fine again.

However, i booted up arma again and only the queens gambit mod was working. I opened the shortcut preferences window and once again, the quotations were missing. Whenever i add them, they disappear as soon as i close the shortcut preferences window. I'm sure this never used to happen.

How important are those quotation marks? without them, i don't seem to be able to add mods and yet it wont let me put them in.

any help much appreciated.

The quotations disappear because your path is without any spaces in them. Quotations are only needed incase of spaces in the path.

Your problem is the mod build up, it should be:

M:\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=DBE1;ArmaEffects;FFAMM

Goodluck

thanks, sickboy

i made the ammendment but the problem persists. As it has only just start playing up, i presume the problem doesn't lie in the desktop shortcut.

What else could it be?

can only think of the following:

[*] Is the "Start In" a.k.a "Working Folder" setup also as M:\ArmA ? If not, then edit shortcut and make sure it does smile_o.gif

[*] Have you updated the effects etc lately? MaddMatt requires ExtendedEventhandlers by Solus and Killswitch. FFAMM might just overwrite effects from MaddMatt because afaik FFAM includes modified versions of MaddMatt's effects. Or is this only the FFAM sound mod?

yeah, the shortcut already has the correct "Start in" directory and as for the mods clashing, i've tried other mods on their own too that don't use event handlers like chammy's sound mod and the Q11 recoils mod and none seem to make any difference.

I think maybe a reinstall is in order.

Thanks for the help tho, sickboy

NP smile_o.gif

Sounds to me like you installed addons/mods that have overwritten init/fired eventhandlers etc.

I would not reinstall myself, I would suggest the following:

[*] Make sure you have all mods/addons removed from your ARmA\Addons folder , no custom content should be available there

[*] Remove your currently installed custom content mod folders, download the latest versions of them, and install and test them 1 by 1.

[*] Make sure you don't install the ExtendedEventhandlers double, but just get the latest version from the XEH thread here at the BI forums.

Hey Sickboy

i tried that and it made no difference. However, i did get the mods working by doing the following.

Instead of:

M:\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=DBE1;ArmaEffects;FFAMM

i needed to write:

M:\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=DBE1;@ArmaEffects;@FFAMM

but hey, we got there in the end biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it

Okay, np, "-mod=" parameter indeed should contain the same name as the folder name of ur addons, if that includes @ sign then so it is smile_o.gif)

Glad it's solved yay.gif