Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Head tracking using wiimote

Don't we have TrackIR in ArmA?

I don't really see how something like this will be good for the PC as running around a desk with your hands on your keyboard and mouse will be quite wierd. But it will be sweet if something similar comes out on the Wii

Don't we have TrackIR in ArmA?

I don't really see how something like this will be good for the PC as running around a desk with your hands on your keyboard and mouse will be quite wierd. But it will be sweet if something similar comes out on the Wii

Trackir=250$ more or less.

Wiimote= 30€ on spain.

IR Leds= 15€

smile_o.gif

no it's not

just read up on freetrack as linked above

at the cost of a few IR-leds, patience and a $20 consumer webcam you get the same thing

the wiimote thing linked above is interesting but completely unapplicaple for anything other than a wii dodge-ball game or something, as it doesn't resolve orientation at all

no it's not

just read up on freetrack as linked above

at the cost of a few IR-leds, patience and a $20 consumer webcam you get the same thing

the wiimote thing linked above is interesting but completely unapplicaple for anything other than a wii dodge-ball game or something, as it doesn't resolve orientation at all

It does worth it since Freetrack is a software solution for a problem that has been solved with a hardware already (TrackIR).

Use free track in a game than try TrackIR and you will see the difference I am talking about.

I know some people using freetrack and it seems that it's quite amazing.

wtach the vids posted here

I think that it's better than nothing.

BTW, I'm already a trackIR owner so...