Sign in to follow this  
OKO

New 1.09 recoils are just ridiculous

Hi all,

Well everything is in the title.

I think the new so called "gameplay" changes are very strange for a simulation like Arma.

You are now able to put an entire magazine in 3 or 4 seconds in a 50cm plate at 200m with an aka.

It's really not realistic, neither even fun.

Why are ou trying to change a simulation to a "quake like" game ?

Even Crysis have now a more realistic feeling with weapons than arma.

Actual 1.09 feeling with weapon is just AWFULL.

You made fantastic job, modelising recoils that felt like real ones, recoils which need to train yourself to the different hand weapons, recoils for a simulation and not for "counter strike" games, in Arma original version.

And now, you completly changed with the 1.09 beta, giving us some absolutly unrealistic, not funny, and not understandable recoil changes.

Who the hell give you this awfull idea to kill the simulaion aspect like this ??

And how couldn't you see YOURSELF how it is just a ridiculous choice ?

Now, you also don't need to be crouched to use MG, tell me, did you already try to use a MG on kneel or standing on your feet ?

You must be joking ... and it's not a good joke.

So, specifically, the 1.09 recoils are something not only highly unrealistic, but not fun at all.

It's a big mistake to try to change a simulation to a more larger public game with this artifact.

You won't convince neither the simulation fan than the occasionnal gamer.

Why don't you let the modders doing changes like this ?

Why do you kill your work ??

I won't mention the other HIGHLY UNREALISTIC change about the BMP, that could survive to an AT-4 impact.

You made me laught with that ... An AT4 could blast a 10 time more armored vehicule IRL (35mm of armor at best against 400 mmm of penetration ....)

AT4 was made to fight MBT not APC ... An APC couldn't survive to an AT-4 impact, no-chance-at-all.

So, haven't finished to read your change's log, I just tested at this time this dramatic changes, but this is the first time, for the first days of OFP that you release a soooo disapointing change on a patch.

Fom this day, I was absolutely happy with all your patch, from OFP untill now, for 8 years ... and suddenly, I see BIS trying to make a bastard game, not really a simulation, not really a game, and this will NOT satisfy people who like simulations, neither people who just want a game.

I hope this absolute and complete error will be corrected in the official patch, at least this is just a beta.

This does not need a specific topic. Use the 1.09 feedback thread like everyone else.