Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Freezing for 2 seconds while ingame

Every so often, whilst i am playing, my game will freeze for about 2 seconds. This is a new computer that was built for gaming. Can anyone tell my why this is. Spec below:

Mainboard: Ausus Crooshair

Graphics card: Geforce 8800GT

Ram: 2 gig crosshair

CPU: Amd64 dual core 3.2 ghz

ArmA version/settings could possibly help............

Yep plus what driver versions......

Common sense should tell people the more information you post the quicker it's likely you'll get the help you need.......

Hoooah,

Have the same thing with Nvidia drivers that have followed 163.71 beta version, reason why I still use that one which is the most "stable". The freeze is indeed boring, especially when you drive or fly biggrin_o.gif and occurs disregarding the game version (1.09b or 1.08).

G.

Im having the same kind of problem, it only shows after awhile then goes and comes back again (its kind of wierd).

Amd64 4200+ dual core,

Asus A8n-sli se

2gb ram

8800gtx 163.75 drivers

windows xp home sp2

ArmA 1.09 beta but was having same issue with 1.08

Also ive tried it with all kinds of settings in game and it doesnt make any difference to the problem.

Currently using

Terrain Detail: Low

Object Detail: Normal

Texture Detail: Normal

Shading Detail: High

Postprocess Effects: Low

Anisotropic Filtering: Normal

Shadow Detail: Disabled

Antialiasing: Normal

Blood: High

Yep plus what driver versions......

Common sense should tell people the more information you post the quicker it's likely you'll get the help you need.......

Ok i'll take your word for it, about the help that is.

More Specs:

Vista home premium 32bit.

Latest Nvidia driver.

So hopefully now i'll get the help i need and a solution to my problem.

And you guys have scanned your PC's for spyware and play Arma without virus program running?

I have exact same problem with 8800GT and latest nvidia drivers - can anyone recommend a 'safe' driver that works well with Arma?

as in latest do u mean 169.28?

I have 169.25 and am not sure i want to go all the way back to 163.75. I really wish nvidia would get there act together with the 8800 driver.

@Angel1

With them  specs 8800gtx you have placed your game settings way to low.

@ TankbusterSPAFF

Now you know the rest of the specs, do you care to help, or were you just jumping on the band wagon?

I have found out on my pc, if I make several in game video option changes in a row, I will get those 1-2 sec freeze or skips, even in the main window of ArmA while the video cut scenes play.

Alternatively, I make 1 or 2 changes, shut the game down and relaunch it, which has cleared those skips.

This did not work, untill a few Nvidia updates allowed me to run ArmA at my monitor native res of 2560x1600.

Maybe it will help you?

It sounds like your running something in the background which is taking system resources and causing Arma to freeze - anti-virus checking a file, firewall updating, etc. Try running Arma on a clean boot (search in this forum).

I've only had problems like this when I've alt-tabbed in and out of Arma, usually followed by a CTD.

Sometimes in multi player things can freeze for a while but this can be due to connection issues or cheaters

I can confirm that this problem is a 8800 driver problem. I previously had a 7900gt installed using 163.69 drivers and it worked fine. I have just installed a 8800gt using 169.25 drivers and I get this 2 second freeze problem (in both 1.09b and 1.08). Unfortunately I cannot take Godfathers advice and downgrade to 163.71b as it came out prior to the 8800gt's release, and does not recognize the GT, so it won't install. Stuck with this problem until nvidia sorts out it's 8800 drivers. BTW I do not get this problem with any of my other games, just ARMA.

my specs

AMD dual core 4600+

3.5 gig RAM

Vista 64 bit - with all the updates

8800gt -169.25 drivers

no viruses or spyware

no background apps

Have the same here and im using a GF7900GT - only with 1.09 this error appears.

It always runs like this:

2-4sec Freeze -> Black-screen -> Monitor-readjusting(duration 0.5sec) -> games runs again -> 2-5min normal gaming -> 2-4sec Freeze -> Black-screen -> Monitor-readjusting(duration 0.5sec) -> games runs again....

And so on....

Also often when i then quit to windows, this problem is still there, so i have to reboot my computer.

Regards, Christian

Got the freeze problem the other night also. Only had it with the 1.09 beta.

Asus Nvidia 8800 GTS 320 mb

Driver 169.21

Windows XP service pack 2.

2 Gigs RAM

Just to provide additional feedback on this thread:

I was having the problem with the 1 - 2 second freezes until I updated my 8800GTX's drivers from 169.01 to the 169.28 beta.  The freezes are now completely eliminated but I can 't use Dual View anymore without the driver locking up my computer.  Haven't tried the WHQL 169.25s yet as an earlier post seems to indicate it may not be worth my time.  Anyway, I can live with one monitor until these drivers go non-beta.

wink_o.gif

Specs:

Vista 32bit

4GB RAM (3GB visable)

8800GTX (169.28 - beta)

Core 2 Duo E6600@2.7Ghz