Sign in to follow this  
zopzodeman

Carrier command,remember?

Well by searching for older games i just came up with the idea of having a carrier command mod,what do you think?

Making this mod would bring strategy and tactics along with resource management.

I imagine the gameplay like this:

Bring your Carrier near a island,launch helicopters/vtol-craft to disable defences,then launch a landingcraft with troops and take over the islands key places ,then build up the islands defences and resource buildings,restock your supplies of the carrier and move to the next island.This could even be a multiplayer mission,where 2 teams fight over the islands.

However this would be a BIG pile of work for scripting and Map creation.

What i think is necessary:

- create a new map with lots of islands

- create models for carrier and base-buildings (use models already present for the infantry,landing craft (m113,BMP)

- script a command/management console ingame

- scripting the resource system,build system and ai behaviour

So... anyone willing to jump in the work? wink_o.gif

well tris sounds very cool idea, for harm I only know how to create models, no LOD's or anything else... but I hope someone skilled will jumo on this idea! smile_o.gif

what can you do yourself?

This was an excellent little game .... played many hours on it.

I think your idea to re-make something like it is brilliant, and I fully support it.

2 carriers placed at either end of Ramadi map (firing missiles at each other!wink_o.gif whilst carrier operations go on with CTI would be brilliant.

Good luck.

[TAO] Kremator

"Under development by Bohemia Interactive (Operation Flashpoint, ArmA Armed Assault, ArmA 2) and Black Element Software (Shade: Wrath of Angels, Alpha Prime, ArmA Queen's Gambit), Carrier Command: Gaea Mission will be unleashed on PC and Next Gen Consoles.

Estimated release date: Spring 2010."

eeh what? Lol didnt have a clue about BIS making games like that.