Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

Arma73.jpg

Probably needs some tweaking but it's close...

Arma74.jpg

I got a video on Swiss Hornets and the general color is this, and some resources on the Super Hornet show it to be this color too, so I should be close enough, just have to make a better cone...

Arma75.jpg

Cannon area textured.  Yeah it's a bit sharp but overall it's not something that'll get me in the brig totally.

And decided to finally move it into it's own topic. Yeah a bit lazy but then again after this year.. I can afford to be biggrin_o.gif

To be honest with you... I'm totally not sure. I'm used to OFP/VBS1 configs, so Franze can answer it. What I do know.. it's a bit of a pain to start the takeoff with, but once you get it going it's not bad. Honestly I haven't flown the Su-34 in ArmA so once I do, I can answer the question.

will it have the standard flying physic of Harrier or Su34?

It has it's own combination of physics. Particularly, a combination between a brick and a rock. But it does fly.

Looks great, can't wait to call in airstrikes with it!

It has it's own combination of physics. Particularly, a combination between a brick and a rock. But it does fly.

well, lol, su34 has long way to take off compare to f18 which one can takes off from carriers smile_o.gif))

but any way, i was really wonder is it possible to change physic of flying or not since my playing in OFP. I really hate that DC3 in ArmA - Queen Gambit ( same as any other big merchant or transport planes in OFP ) can maneuver as well as fighters smile_o.gif) this makes your f18 model absolutely useless and without any specific abilities and the same well as all others planes in AmrA ( harrier or su34 ).

Yeah.... but it boils down to any aircraft mod really, than specifically just this one. It's still WIP and so far has alot going for it (able to customize a loadout on one single aircraft rather than fifty million versions of one plane) so yeah it may be a "rock" but it's fairly fine for me. Once we figure out that department, well it'll work out fine.

Yeah.... but it boils down to any aircraft mod really, than specifically just this one. It's still WIP and so far has alot going for it (able to customize a loadout on one single aircraft rather than fifty million versions of one plane) so yeah it may be a "rock" but it's fairly fine for me. Once we figure out that department, well it'll work out fine.

thats my toughts too. It dosent really matter how she flies, but how she comes up ingame (weapon loadouts, extra features, maybe even afterburner whistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gif )

All i can say is ... i LOVED franze's Hornets in ofp ( They were the best by a mile) All i can say is good luck to this Arma project.

Looking at the previous posts... am i the only one who thinks all the aircraft feel totally different? You cant say the su-34 handles anything like the harrier! the harrier feels so twichy... but maybe thats jus coz i have to use keyboards. anyways... good luck with this guys

my opinion as a 3d guy u should put a few more polygons into the fuel tanks and exhaust nozzles. a couple hundred at the most

So far currently there aren't any plans to redo the nozzles, nor has Franze brought it up. Overall they needed some retexturing, not any revision as of yet anyways. Besides most that will occur in that area is reshaping the fuselage so it fits better on the nozzles themselves.

Guest RKSL-Rock

I can help you with that if you like. Ive got some experience tuning the flight models now. PM me after the 27th if you want some help.

Oh nice biggrin_o.gif

Arma76.jpg

Arma78.jpg

Arma77.jpg

Ejection seats are still a little side project.  Needed but I'll get to it.  Been remapping alot of bombs and equipment so can maybe get some more closer looking stuff and improve the old textures as well. The pylons above are a rework from the originals and more reflect current ones used today.

Oh yeah - that GBU pic is cool - can't wait to call in that air!

I agree, but they'll look better:

Mk 82/83 AIR WIP:

Arma84.jpg

GBU-12:

Arma89.jpg

Arma87.jpg

GBU-16:

Arma88.jpg

Arma86.jpg

Forgot these:

Arma80.jpg

Arma81.jpg

xmas_o.gif

Arma90.jpg

Arma91.jpg

Arma92.jpg

Arma93.jpg

Arma94.jpg

Arma95.jpg

More weapons work.

modern bombs' missiles and rocet's shapes get weirder and weirder.. biggrin_o.gif

looking great mate, gonna retexture that into Finnish air force one! tounge2.gifinlove.gifthumbs-up.gif

@eddyD: Not in the works mate, lots to do lots to do....

Arma96.jpg

Arma98.jpg

Finally got those beasties added, and so far the hardest thing to do on this thing biggrin_o.gif

@kristian:  Yeah I may have to release the PSDs for these things, it's gonna get complex a bit smile_o.gif

BTW MaxRiga I finally took a spin today in the Su-34. Well okay it's not LOMAC, but overall it felt what a heavy bomber should feel like. Overall the FM for ArmA for jets should be improved, but then again, I don't think that's one of their priorities either.

And just a small update on the step area:

Arma100.jpg

I'm seriously considering in mapping the area so it can be more higher res though...

hey EricJ, took a look back at the OFP version, and i've got a few questions:

is this model going to be dependant on external addons/mods like the OFP one? personally i really don't like downloading addons/mods, unless they are really worth it, and to be honest, i didn't see JAM magazines for an M9, or a pilot model to be in any way crucial to enjoying this jet in OFP. i hope this will be completely independant from anything like that.

two, will we be seeing unguided Zuni rocket pods as a possible weapon on the aircraft? in fact, will we be seeing any new weapons in this release, or will it just be updated models of the OFP lineup?

1. So far no it's not dependant.  I think Franze hasn't made or redone his OFP versions, so it's flyable without nothing right now.

2. The thing with rocket pods is that in a weapons lineup for the real thing, all I saw was a LAU-68 launcher. Most are redo's from the OFP and we're incorporating a few more.  The reason mainly for no rockets is the way the pylons are oriented both on the model and of course in real life. Generally missiles and bombs and gliding bombs are the rule.  Now I could come up with some high-speed launcher adapter thingie and get a US Navy patent but overall I'm focusing on the aircraft and redoing the weapons.

http://562.50megs.com/ArmA/Projects/loadout.jpg

I also brought up with Franze the possibility of assymetric loads, but the complexity of his scripting and the lack of time he has, basically was a no go.  Pity but that's life as it is  confused_o.gif

Sometimes just flying around clears the head....

Arma101.jpg

GBU-10 Progress:

Arma102.jpg

Arma103.jpg

Arma104.jpg