Dec 21 2007, 15:13
New beta patch 1.09.5208 for ArmA is out now.
Visit @ community.bistudio.com @ for more information and list of all available download options.
* significantly smoother gameplay on Northern part of Sahrani (up to 100% increase in frame rate depending on scene, video settings and graphics card)
* combat AI improvements
* voice over net and multiplayer related fixes and improvements
* new anti cheating methods in multiplayer (including optional www.BattlEye.com depending on server settings: if enabled, be server and be client dlls will be used and automatically updated to your computer)
* fixed compatibility problems caused by various copy protections used
* fog is rendered correctly on DX10 generation cards
* new scripting functions (string manipulation, multiplayer synchronization)
WARNING: THIS IS AN INTERIM PUBLIC BETAVERSION. IT'S NOT A FULLY TESTED STABLE RELEASE. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT CONTACT OFFICIAL SUPPORT WITH ANY PROBLEMS USING THIS PATCH BUT USE ONLY STANDARD COMMUNITY CHANNELS TO GIVE US FEEDBACK.
THIS BETA VERSION IS RELEASED FOR PUBLIC BETATESTING PURPOSES ONLY. YOU STILL SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF THE GAME.
THIS BETA CAN BE STARTED ONLY WHEN RUNNING THE NEW BETA EXE VIA SPECIAL SHORTCUT CREATED DURING PATCH PROCESS IN YOUR MAIN ARMA WORKING FOLDER.
Copyright © 2007 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.
This application will update your ArmA: Armed Assault / Combat Operations installation with a Beta folder and shortcut to launch the beta version.
Jan 4 2008, 10:17
Betaversion of BattlEye can be installed in addition to 1.09beta in order to avoid cheating.
To make anti cheating working, servers need to enable BE, all clients need to have BE installed and also only trusted signed addons should be allowed on the server.
See BI forum topic for more information and use it also to report any observations / bug reports related to BattlEye in Arma.