Sign in to follow this  
advocatexxx

New to arma, real system requirements?

Guys, I've finally managed to shun my professional life (at least for the duration of the holidays), and have decided to build a gaming rig and install this ArmA puppy and reminisce my days of Flashpoint.

For those of you who have played this game for some time now, what kind of performance can I expect from the following rig?

3Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo (1333Mhz FSB)

2GB DDR2 800 RAM

GeForce 8800GTS (640MB DDR3 RAM)

Win XP

Now, I'm well aware of the minimum as well as the recommended system requirements listed by Bohemia. However, knowing how Flashpoint performed, we all know the real specs are always higher than the recommended ones.

Thanks a bunch and I look forward to spending many, many hours hiding in the bushes, waiting for the right time to strike a passing squad of enemy combatants.

Cheers!

I wrote a whole post, assuming what kind of fps you'd get on what settings.  Then i realized that I'd prolly be way off base and make a complete ass of my self. haha smile_o.gif

Your machine has like identical hardware to mine, only each of your components is the next rung up in the generation.  So you're machine is quite a bit better than mine.

Lets just say, I'm happy with the looks and performance of arma on my machine.  So, I think you'll be happy overall.  

welcome.gif

Thats pretty much the exact same as I have and it runs perfectly on my end on full settings. So you shouldn't need to worry

Yes it will run the game.

But since you have a 8800, you will get the Fog Bug and the 800700e (or whatever it is) crash to desktops. You may be able to add -maxmem=512 to your shortcut and avoid crashing that often. Newer drivers have seemed to help with that some. Also Im not sure if this is a  8800 issue, or game issue. But the LODs can take a little while to focus to the right one. Especially when looking threw a scope or spawning.

Hi, you could read this thread..

Anyway you dont want the old 8800 GTS because nvidia released the 8800 GT (512) wich is performing better than the GTS and is less expensive too.

But no, you wont be able to run in max settings (no system can).

Well, he could run it at max settings except for lower AA, depending on res/viewdistance too though.

Well I run with everything on Very high with about 3000 view distance (I think), my res is 1280x1024 (All my monitor can handle) and I still get a great fps in the middle of Northern Sahranis forests of about 40fps ish, but that is with low plants not actually checked my fps without lowplants so I'm not sure what it would be.

My system is...

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.00ghz (133fsb)

Abit pro something or other mobo (supports the 133fsb of CPU)

2GB RAM @ 800mhz

Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB

250GB SATA hard drive

Windows XP

Well, he could run it at max settings except for lower AA, depending on res/viewdistance too though.

No, max settings = all @ very high... impossible.

Closing, use the topic Heatseeker pointed out.