Von Rundstedt

Fww2 - finland at war 1939-1945

Looks very promising. I like the picture with the snowfall, very atmospheric. :)

Pretty much all the cool and good looking stuff is script driven and mod wouldn't be half of what it is currently without h-' efforts.

M1910 Maxim machine gun is done (maybe we add snow to wheels), there will be M/09-21 Maxim for Finns. It can be transported to different firing position, but obviously AI can't use it alone. However it should have notable tactical value in MP and in SP for player.

thumb480x248promo_maximsov.jpg

Maxim in transit

fww2_maxim_001_thb.jpg

Any chance of you releasing the polish&russian units as standalone addons?... Already have a nice WW2 mod but your units look reallly good....... :(

Not on current plans, however after release we make MLOD models (inc. configs and model.cfg) available at request. So nothing really stops you from doing it yourself, when we release them.

But using them with, say Inv44, without modifying configs will cause conflicts and errors, due to nature of scripted features (on both mods).

We're getting there slowly and surely, but my new job has slowed down the progress a bit. Still we do our best to release as soon as possible.

After a long silence we decided to show something. Sorry for those who have waited to hear something, we have been rather busy with our lives lately, which has been tossing pretty much every member of mod around a lot lately. However we are making progress constantly and we do plan to release as soon as possible (no ETA on that yet).

Video features main infantry weapons (not static/portable), including certain features related to them.

F1CLpuE8T6s

Very nice, i appreciate the bolt action and the ejection animations. The bayoneting animation isn't very convincing though.

Very nice indeed, the details of the rebolting action is a very important aspect to have if your going to have bolt action rifles.

I think in OFP there isn't any bolt action rifles with the anim of rebolting, not that i can recall.

I have a question and possibly this has been answered before,

I dont think you guys are but Von Rundstedt are you guys

the same guys that made the FDF mod WW2 for OFP?

The bayoneting animation isn't very convincing though.

Its clumsy and awkward, but don't tell anybody I said that :p

Making animations ain't the easiest thing and for three persons mod we have to cut corners sometimes, we just hope nobody breaks in tears or dies from laughter when using it. We all have big visions how it should work, but fact is it isn't very high in priority list.

I dont think you guys are but Von Rundstedt are you guys

the same guys that made the FDF mod WW2 for OFP?

Nope. We were making mod for OFP too, but FDF mod beat us to it. Yet modding for OFP was great step up for us and we actually learned a lot from it, so it wasn't wasted time.

The bayoneting animation isn't very convincing though.

It was like the first or second anim I ever did so donations for better one are ofcourse accepted ;)

Besides, you should see some of the variations for different up/down weapon directions, they would be like 50x more horrible :p

It was like the first or second anim I ever did so donations for better one are ofcourse accepted

Haha yes, help is always wanted, as there are always fewer modders left, imagine how many (we) are left for OFP ;). And anims are a real pain ; animating a horse costed me several litters of coffee (and some presents for my wife to come back :computer: :936:), and it isn't very nice.

Anyway I think it would be more "convincing" if the guy could move forward while stabbing. Just my two cents, your work is very nice :)

I'm sure the moderators love you digging up ancient thread like this. :p

We have not stopped but we have slowed down to almost non-existent crawl.

There has been stuff going on since this thread was last replied to though, we have posted some WIP crap at our forums WIP thread from time to time (sometimes from long time to ever longer time)..

Thanks for feedback. And glad to know you're still there. Will you consider releasing an alpha for what all you have completed currently for ArmaII?

No such decisions have been made, time (ironically) will tell what we end up doing..

Hey h- dumb question maybe, but you guys were the ones who made the WW2 FDF version of the mod for Operation Flashpoint?

No, we have never had anything to do with FDF mod apart from sharing the country of origin.

We did originally start this mod for OFP but abandoned it some time after ArmA was released.

Glad to see the mod is still in progress, albeit slowly. Looking forward to it. :)

Not sure if this Mod is still in work althoug for a slower progress or has been stopped at the moment?

The same crawl is still there, albeit even slower.

This thing has dragged on way too long so motivation has been at zero for a while now...

That has in fact crossed our minds.