Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Sakakah Al Jawf v.1.0

I don't think it matters what version patch you are running (don't quote me on that), I think it just depends on if you are using QG or not since it requires it now.

I read somewhere that this island wouldn't run on a dedicated server, is this correct? Last night I was able to run it on my dedicated 1.12 server with QG.

In need of a favor here...I know, it's a lot to ask of a first post. I'm looking to see if anyone has the old "sakakah_rvmat_fix.rar" file for the beta to fix the dedicated server issue. I've got a new mission file I want to try out but can't find the fix. Some of the guys I play with don't have QG so the 1.0 version is not an option at the moment.

The old link the Scars09 had is dead. I've PM'ed him but haven't seen a response.

Anybody with it laying around on their HD/server willing to help me out?

Do you still need the sakakah_rvmat_fix.rar file?

If so, PM and I'll upload it for you.

We've been running it on our dedicated server with no problems.

Is there any known release date for the next Sakakah version? Last screens I've seen had shown some more trees and the iraqi sign pack. Sakakah is definatley one of the best ArmA maps. notworthy.gif

If only it would be free of QG content. I do have QG, but by using the new models (witch are few) from it, it cut the access to it from 70% of arma players...pity

I now this was a reason for not using it @ IC-Arma.

I think 70% is a strong number. Out of all the ArmA players I know, I would say 90% own QG. It's a pity that people are too cheap to spend the extra few bucks and buy QG. I think QG should've come with a much better island then Porto and United Sarhani is almost an insult, but it's still worth the download or purchase at your local store. If I knew what I know now, I would purchase QG just to play on Sakakah Al Jawf. It is an outstanding island!

I think 70% is a strong number. Out of all the ArmA players I know, I would say 90% own QG. It's a pity that people are too cheap to spend the extra few bucks and buy QG. I think QG should've come with a much better island then Porto and United Sarhani is almost an insult, but it's still worth the download or purchase at your local store. If I knew what I know now, I would purchase QG just to play on Sakakah Al Jawf. It is an outstanding island!

Indeed, and with Sakakah 1.2 not long off with the IMW mod i must say its well awesome not to forget his second iraqy island he has made witch also requires queens gambit is also awesome..

His smaller island is well worth just buying queens gambit 100% sure on that..

well, out of the whole lot of arma players i know, 70% of them do not own QG. And it's not about them being cheap, it's about QG being crap....i don't wanna start a new discussion on this subject though.

I bought QG just for the addons which needed it, just for that.

You should do the same, it's cheap.

well, out of the whole lot of arma players i know, 70% of them do not own QG. And it's not about them being cheap, it's about QG being crap....i don't wanna start a new discussion on this subject though.

How do they know if GQ is crap if they havnt even bought it to play it.

And to be honest i thought it was worth the money, the campaign was much better than the orginal and the addons are worth it, and the many community addons made from it is also worth it.

Ensuring a whole unit goes out to buy an expansion pack can be a little difficult though. QG free islands, or versions without QG are much sought after.

Granted Resistance was different. That was required for everything though. It revolutionised the game rather than just added content. I'm not saying QG is a bad thing, I own it myself, however, making it a requirement for some of the best community islands is a real pain. confused_o.gif

RE:QG

Most (great) addons have been requiring it so when you buy it you don't just get the addons from BIS, you get compatibility to play great mods like IWM. IMO BIS deserves the funds and you deserve to play this incredible island.

RE:SAKAKAH

My squad and I were playing this last night (SEALZ) and gotta say that it's terrific. Now I just need to figure out a way to get the Domination mission to work with it. Can't wait to see the next version, would be great to see the ladders work!

and i hope for a working airport with reasonably large army base in close proximity (well, maybe there isnt one there irl, but perhaps you could make it so that it looks as something the NATO forces have built, sort of like the NATO camps in Kosovo or afghanistan.

but especially the airport is something i want working (so that i get something my CAS planes can take of from) wink_o.gif

cant remember wich version of the island i had until yesterday, but it was probably one of the first ones, and i must say... WOW! there has been some really sweet progress on this one! outstanding work!

oh, and i tell you, this island alone is worth getting QG, trust me on that one wink_o.gif

RE:QG

Most (great) addons have been requiring it so when you buy it you don't just get the addons from BIS, you get compatibility to play great mods like IWM. IMO BIS deserves the funds and you deserve to play this incredible island.

RE:SAKAKAH

My squad and I were playing this last night (SEALZ) and gotta say that it's terrific. Now I just need to figure out a way to get the Domination mission to work with it. Can't wait to see the next version, would be great to see the ladders work!

Dont worry we have a full offiial Domination Sakahak Port with IMW Units in which will be on release also we have a GOL mod Sakakah Domination with addons which is on our server. Check the gol squads and fan pages thread for the addons. smile_o.gif

When is sakakah 1.2 going to be released. I still have it on my HD along with 90% of our clan members from when we tested the IMWM and we have a shit load of missions... and yes its the queens gambit version.. we dont want no crappy minarets you cant get into etc.. so please dont change that when you release this map.

But when, IMWM is no more.. so whats the deal with this island im just curious... thanks for your time

Matt.

Never, I lost the source data long ago. Just recently I retrieved the 1.0 .pew from Snakeman which had surprisingly kept it safe, but I don't have time to do more with this map. It's shit and unrealistic, poor job.

I don't know why you hate your work so much, honestly everyone i know in the ArmA community (besides you) loves this map! It is the largest iraq map for ArmA that has a very large city. Name two (or even one) other map based in Iraq that is as large and detailed as this map.

I think (and i hope others will be with me on this) that this is one of the greatest maps ever created for ArmA. thumbs-up.gif

I understand Opteryx decision and position.

I would do the same thats why i respect his decision.

Was a good train, right? wink_o.gif

Maybe it's a map maker thing or Opteryx perfectionist, I don't know. I respect his decision and i'm not telling him to or asking him to make an update.

Well, I have to chime in. I don't post a whole lot, but I have been reading these forums and watching various people's work for a long time.. getting in editing more and more recently and using various mods. I have, in fact, tried out just about every mod that has come along as it did, just to see how it changes the games.

With that in mind, I can say that there is not a mission out there I love more than playing Warfare hacked for 48 players and three times the resistance on Sakakah Al Jawf! It can be SO intense, and beautiful. First you take the outlying little camps/towns, and then you plunge into the city, fight through the resistance til you hit the enemy, and then it is time to do some helicopter work, but it isn't easy.. you can't hardly rain down hell into the city for fear of hitting your own men, so you have to discover the trail of enemy forces entering from somewhere hidden off map.

The map runs smoothly on my system, even with HORDES of enemies, and provides alot of different play. Best single player experience I've had yet.

Optyrex, I salute you for what you have provided us. Your work is absolutely singular. And I guess I hope your dedication to perfection guides all future work.

Thank you.

Quote[/b] ]I love more than playing Warfare hacked for 48 players and three times the resistance on Sakakah Al Jawf! It can be SO intense, and beautiful.

@Marzi: Where can I get this mission "Warfare hacked for 48 players", or how can I set it up myself for Sakakah?