Cool mission man!
Link from Armed Assault Zone
damn its so massive compared to sahraniville, awesome job, this map rocks! with it would save my progress somehow!
This is stunningly outstanding mission I wish to see more slots to get 64-players games.
OFP multiplayer since june 2001. gamename MRJ-GLO
sounds extremely cool
Nice work guys!
Still a few bugs, but great job so far! So many features to keep people interested, instead of turning it into a TDM!
Here's a few bugs that I've encountered with the police, haven't been civilians yet...
* After some time, you can arrest any civilians, I'm not sure what causes this.
* Same goes for the tickets, you can click but nothing happens.
I've also heard people on the civilian side have problems holding their hands up. This isn't down to them, because one of my clan members was doing it at the beginning of the mission, then about an hour into the mission it says... "can't hold hands up"
Would also be nice if the police didn't have to pay so much for the MH-6. They need choppers to act quicker, and get those civilians going to get drugs.
BTW, I have this running 24/7 on our Sahrani-Ville|Life server
Seems to be a massive bug involving the Ammo crates. I just got off from playing it now and once you buy something (weapon or equipment) it'll either not show up in the ammo crate, and still charge you for it, or it will show up, charge you, but you cannot pick it up. No matter how many times you click take weapon or what have you.
Apart from that awesome mission, its every thing saharaniville should of been for me. Theres even legitimate ways to make money, i was raking in the cash buying shops and workplaces without ever having to buy a gun or anything. Another good thing is that the distances between every thing isn't too annoyingly spaced out like sahraniville, cutting the long boring drives to a minimum.
Also, where do you buy the car and suicide bombs?
Twighlight island http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/;41660
Guerilla Tatics! Large 8 player DYNAMIC coop.
Bio Hazard - Apocaylpse, single playe dynamic zombie mission. Command the special Z-com unit and defend the inhabitance of malden from the hordes!
The £1 blog!
increase maxplayers to 32-64
add medic and fireman profession
anyway gj on this
btw. i saw some message saying 'xy is wanted for kill by vehicle' was that mission one ?
RealTimeChat ~ARMA2 in Your browser (w/o Java), RealTimeChat ~ARMA3 in Your browser (w/o Java),
irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA2 (external IRC clients) irc.GameSurge.net/ARMA3 (external IRC clients)
ARMA 3 Feedback Tracker: http://feedback.arma3.com/my_view_page.php
~100k fans @STEAM ARMA 2 + ARMA 2: OA + ARMA 3: + ~2k @XFIRE A2:OA
Follow my Twitter: http://twitter.com/FoltynD or my Facebook http://facebook.com/FoltynD
looking promising. My working day has start and I can't wait to try this one... Is there any sever where I can play this mission?
Thank you for this hard work.
I'm from Poland and my english is poor. So, please be placable
Pomorska Grupa Airsoft Black Panthers (PGABP)
Thank you for your replies. We will note all the bugs you listed here, we will fix them if we are going to release a new version with more features. We have a long to-do-list, but we decided that we will wait to continue scripting until the mission is established. A few bugs are known, and we tried to fix them as good as possible. But now I hope you enjoy this mission as we enjoyed to create it.
Well, I played around with this and had some fun. At least I couldn't find any error messages, which is always a good sign! I'm also very glad that the mission doesn't require addons, which will really help in making it accessible to a wider audience.
A few suggestions (take them or leave them, as always):
- I was a bit confused that the police base got ammo-crates full of every possible weapon (including exotic weapons like Javelins), but that there were still weapon shops.
- When you open the bank dialog, you should start off selecting yourself in the deposit combo box. Otherwise, the default is to give money to civ1 (who I see getting rich when people are careless and forget to specifically deposit to their own accounts).
- Although the intro is nice, I felt it was a bit long for one that I couldn't skip (fine the first time, but grating if I have to watch it all every time I log in).
- Just a personal preference, but I like the independent officer model as a policeman, rather than the sniper. I prefer the idea of cops in berets rather than in fishing hats ;P
- I'd rather have the jail camera close on "escape" or pressing a "close" button, rather than being on a set timer. You could do the same with the civ-cams but just charge the $500 every 5 seconds.
- You seem to scale up a lot, for example giving players Javalins at the start and eventually being able to buy an Abrams tanks. Just because you are making an open ArmA mission doesn't mean you have to use absolutely every weapon and vehicle available, especially if you have only 16 players in the game (pistols vs an Abrams gets dull quickly). It would be quite reasonable to limit the cops and civilians so that equipment advancement is slow and that hardcore military hardware (tanks, etc) is never actually available. As soon as the players escalate to the heavy hardware, then it immediately stops being a cops and robbers game and becomes like every other military mission...
- Although you have your own shops and banks, you might find my SPON Money script has some improvements over what you have (though my bank doesn't allow transfer to other players yet, it is something I'm planning to add along with other features). Still, your dialogs are perfectly adequate; I just thought since I'd written my dialogs for just this purpose, I might as well let you know about them, in case you'd missed them (and they were only released a couple of days ago, so that is likely).