Sign in to follow this  
Jabo

Weapon optics transparency

Hi all, i show here an image of the problem i had when makin the 3d scope for my rocket launcher. As you can see, the hand and fingers in front of the optics are an obstacle to aim whatever I want.

c90opticbi0.th.jpg

My question is how can I hide them, I see that there are spaces close to aiming lines that shows full transparency over the hand, how can I apply this to all the optic?

banghead.gif

I assume the aiming reticle is on a single face, and is just comprised of one texture? If thats the case, instead of making the surrounding area 100% transparent (which it currently is, or at least appears to be), make it 99% transparent, which will (hopefully) hide the hands and give the same affect as that surrounding the edges of the reticle itself.

Thank you, Jackal, I fixed this problem in a very easy way, avoiding to make special anims to fit the launcher in another position. I show here how appears the optic now, the result as you can see is that the hand now is invisible, and the reticle lines are perfectly clear.

:c90opticsolvedoh9.jpg

I´ve done what Jackal recommends me, i resumed in these steps:

1- In Photoshop 9, select the Alpha channel of the texture, and choose "load channel as selection",  you will have selected the reticle lines(the white ones)

2- Now, we choose "invert selection" to allow us to paint in the surrounding area (the black zone)

3- I choosed a wide pencil loaded with an 87% grey, and painted all the black zone with this.

4- the result isn`t very visible,but you can save as this point as a .paa texture in RGB4444 mode. The optics now is ready to hide all of the first person view model.

i hope it helps you, thanks again,Jackal.

yay.gif