Sign in to follow this  
Breaker

Resistance fantasies

I'v red an interview made to Viktor Bocan in which he told how the new graphic improvements won't fit on the old islands of the game. So we're gonna get one new big island with a completely different graphic... is that right?

Damn BI why can't you upgrade all the three islands? It doesnt' make too much sense to have 3 island with a "2001 graphic engine" and one island with a brand new one, does it?

So please all the guys who wanna see all the 3 old islands restyled with the new graphics post here

One reason they might not do it is because they new texture may require more processing and that would affect performance on everything that's existed until now. That would really rock the boat!

Don't think is a hardware issue since the 100 square Km island with the high detailed textures will push hardware more. Anyway maybe that would take a lot of time.

Can't they simply update the old libraries of the game in order to update the houses and trees?

I wonder who's gonna play on the old islands after this new addon wink.gif

yeah baby....

deeper....

deeper....

aim....

now shoot!!!

yes!!! shoot!!!

keep moving!!!!

finish 'em!!!

tounge.gif

ok enough with lame joke.

u r right that no one will play on old islands...however, after sometime, ppl will actually come back(IMO). i mean you know these islands..you love them....

Yeah, I agree with Wiggum. At first there will be alot of mission on the new island, then people will get tired of that one and automatically all island will be equally used...

Really dunno guys... I mean... look at those trees !!!! the trees baby... I had a dream about those trees that were all around me and I caressed them, and talked to 'em and they were so gentle and nice and they were standing there lookin at me waving in the wind...

ok I'm gettin insane wow.gif but if you look the old trees and the old scenery... well gosh it's sad...

Well I must say the island looks GREAT!!! Yes the other islands wont be used in very often but this new island had they not upgraded the engine it still would be good, large towns, new concept in the game, and the landscape. The islands aren't being upgraded because they dont want to its just a huge task like if you wrote a book on biblical kings and you were told to change it to a sci-fi love story it would be a huge task thats what these guys have to basically do.

smile.gif Lets just enjoy the game and what a game it is biggrin.gif