Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cant get textures to load in O2 PLS help

Quote Originally Posted by (Sols @ Oct. 27 2007,23:32)
    cannot load textures\sidewithdoor_co.paa

and all the textures are 512x512

i must be missing something or doing it wrong
    How have you setup the maps of your project? what directory?

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    sorry i dont understand mate

Quote Originally Posted by (Sols @ Oct. 28 2007,10:32)
    cannot load textures\sidewithdoor_co.paa

and all the textures are 512x512

i must be missing something or doing it wrong
    if it's white, as you've already noted - the engine can't find the texture.

what did you use to create you're pbo?

if it was one of the community tools... did you place a file called $pboprefix$ in the folder and inside that file have the correct 'virtual pathname'?

if you used filebank.exe through binpbo then did you specify a 'virtual path' or did you go with 'virtual path' that matches the name of the folder you are trying to pbo?

if so, does your pathname in O2 to a given texture match these ***'virtual pathnames'?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

eg. Using community tools... Eliteness or cpbo.

P&#58;&#92;goobledegook&#92;mymodel.p3d
    P&#58;&#92;goobledegook&#92;tx&#92;thebigtexture.p aa
    P&#58;&#92;goobledegook&#92;&#036;pboprefix&#036 ;

in &#39;&#036;pboprefix&#036;&#39; you can have something like... &#39;myMod&#92;theGoobledegook&#39; or &#40;in most cases&#41; &#39;goobledegook&#39;.

in which case in your p3d when you map a face to thebigtexture.paa the pathname should be...

&#39;myMod&#92;theGoobledegook&#92;tx&#92;thebigte xture.paa&#39;

or &#40;in most cases&#41;

&#39;goobledegook&#92;tx&#92;thebigtexture.paa&#39 ;

[/QUOTE]

if you use filebank/binpbo from BIS then the same sort of thing applies... except you do not need a special file in your folder called &#036;pboprefix&#036;. just hit the &#39;options&#39; button in binpbo and either alter (or not) the &#39;AddOn Prefix&#39; at the bottom.
    Hibernating (indefinitely/permanently/intermittently)... may respond to , possibly.

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    i used binpbo but did not add &#036;pboprefix&#036; didnt know i was ment to, I also dont get what you mean by
    "just hit the &#39;options&#39; button in binpbo and either alter (or not) the &#39;AddOn Prefix&#39; at the bottom"

its set to auto if im ment to change it what do i change it to?

thank for your reply

no, no... you only need a &#036;pboprefix&#036; file if you are going to be using the community tools Eliteness or cpbo to &#39;squash&#39; your folder into a pbo.

when using the BinPBO/Filebank tools from BIS there is an &#39;options&#39; button at the bottom.

at the bottom of the dialog that opens when you hit this button is the &#39;Addon Prefix&#39;....

if you have left the tick box &#39;Automatically&#39; - ticked - then the pbo you create will use the folder name as the prefix for your pbo - that&#39;s all cool.

in your model the path to a texture must match whatever method you choose to use...

what i was trying to highlight to you was that the &#39;Addon prefix&#39; or &#39;virtual pathname&#39; for the pbo must match up with the mappings in your model or ArmA will not know where your textures are hiding and won&#39;t be able to render them for you...

so, if you are getting white faced models - then you&#39;re actual texture is broken in some way (you have already discounted this) OR you have incorrect pathname mappings to your texture.

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    i made a folder with the addon name in there i put the textures before even adding them to the box or even building the box.
    i then made the box added the textures checked it in the viewer all looks good the saved it to the same folder as textures with a cpp and then i used binpbo i didnt change anything there.

my cpp is
    <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches
    {
    class APhunt1
    {
    units&#91;&#93; = {building};
    weapons&#91;&#93; = {};
    requiredVersion = 1.0;
    };
    };
    class CfgVehicles
    {
    class All {};
    class Static&#58; All {};
    class Building&#58; Static {};
    class NonStrategic&#58; Building {};
    class TargetTraining&#58; NonStrategic {};
    class TargetGrenade&#58; TargetTraining {};

class Crate&#58; TargetGrenade
    {
    model=&#34;&#92;APhunt1&#92;APhunt1&#34;;
    armor=20000;
    scope=2;
    displayName=&#34;AP red/white hut&#34;;
    }
    }[/QUOTE]

just in case its that, if not it might be my textures then

in your model what is an example pathname for one of your face mappings?

and, just to confirm... you pbo&#39;d the &#39;APhunt1&#39; folder making a pbo called &#39;APhunt1.pbo&#39; - correct?

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    P:&#92;Textures&#92;APhunt1&#92;Roof_co.paa

so... change...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
    P&#58;&#92;Textures&#92;APhunt1&#92;Roof_co.paa
    [/QUOTE]

to...

APhunt1&#92;tx&#92;Roof_co.paa
    [/QUOTE]

and, make a subfolder called &#39;tx&#39; in your &#39;APhunt1&#39; folder, and move Roof_co.paa into this new &#39;tx&#39; sub-folder.

i&#39;m telling you to make a &#39;tx&#39; folder only because it keeps everything nice and tidy...

if you have other textures you have made specifically for this model you can move them all into this &#39;tx&#39; folder if you like...

then in O2 you can use the &#39;Tools>Mass Texture & Material Renaming&#39; tool to rename all you texture paths as appropriate.

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    ill try back in a mo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast