Sign in to follow this  
Sols

Cant get textures to load in O2 PLS help

Hi all

I have been at this for a few days now but not im stuck.

I have the old DLL's in my O2 dir but no joy, well i say no joy when i first started it up i could load TGAs but now i can even do that. The main 1s i need are the paa and pac but it wont even load the textures i depboed sad_o.gif

help pls its already took me a week to get this far with all the problems i have come across, the funny part its only a box.

Thank you

Sols

i dont really know what happened it just started working

Can't get them to show up? Did you apply them correctly? Did you map the box?

Try to have all your dll files in a dll folder for all tools.

Like this:

P:\Tools\all your tools in maps o2, visitor, etc.

P:\DLL\all the dll files from the tools including Texview 2 etc.

Set the firectory to the dll map in o2 and restart your computer and have another attempt.

it works now.

the only problem im getting now is trying to texture the other sides, when i try it loads but wipes the one i have already done.

it shouldnt take me long to find out what im doing wrong rofl.gif

Told you sorted it now

^ don't try to texture a double sided poly with 2 different textures, in case that's what you are doing.

^ don't try to texture a double sided poly with 2 different textures, in case that's what you are doing.

That's right, You can better make a box and skin the opposit sides, bring the 2 sides close to each other and you have the closest thing to textured double sided faces.

na it was just me being a noob and miss reading.

Now i have a new problem, i get them work all nice in the viewer but when i pbo it and add it to addons i can see it in the menu but it loads in game with no textures and an error.

i have not yet searched this yet but i have seen something about this when searching a problem i had before with textures.

thanks for all your help guys its been alot of help

Sols

na it was just me being a noob and miss reading.

Now i have a new problem, i get them work all nice in the viewer but when i pbo it and add it to addons i can see it in the menu but it loads in game with no textures and an error.

i have not yet searched this yet but i have seen something about this when searching a problem i had before with textures.

thanks for all your help guys its been alot of help

Sols

Can you tell us more about the textures?

Format, size.. (should be 2×2-4×4-8×8-16×16 etc. it can also be 512×1024 for example)

And if you tell us what error you see we might be able to help you.

cannot load textures\sidewithdoor_co.paa

and all the textures are 512x512

i must be missing something or doing it wrong

How have you setup the maps of your project? what directory?

sorry i dont understand mate

if it's white, as you've already noted - the engine can't find the texture.

what did you use to create you're pbo?

if it was one of the community tools... did you place a file called $pboprefix$ in the folder and inside that file have the correct 'virtual pathname'?

if you used filebank.exe through binpbo then did you specify a 'virtual path' or did you go with 'virtual path' that matches the name of the folder you are trying to pbo?

if so, does your pathname in O2 to a given texture match these  'virtual pathnames'?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

eg. Using community tools... Eliteness or cpbo.

P:\goobledegook\mymodel.p3d

P:\goobledegook\tx\thebigtexture.paa

P:\goobledegook\$pboprefix$

in '$pboprefix$' you can have something like... 'myMod\theGoobledegook' or (in most cases) 'goobledegook'.

in which case in your p3d when you map a face to thebigtexture.paa the pathname should be...

'myMod\theGoobledegook\tx\thebigtexture.paa'

or (in most cases)

'goobledegook\tx\thebigtexture.paa'

if you use filebank/binpbo from BIS then the same sort of thing applies... except you do not need a special file in your folder called $pboprefix$. just hit the 'options' button in binpbo and either alter (or not) the 'AddOn Prefix' at the bottom.

i used binpbo but did not add $pboprefix$ didnt know i was ment to, I also dont get what you mean by

"just hit the 'options' button in binpbo and either alter (or not) the 'AddOn Prefix' at the bottom"

its set to auto if im ment to change it what do i change it to?

thank for your reply

no, no... you only need a $pboprefix$ file if you are going to be using the community tools Eliteness or cpbo to 'squash' your folder into a pbo.

when using the BinPBO/Filebank tools from BIS there is an 'options' button at the bottom.

at the bottom of the dialog that opens when you hit this button is the 'Addon Prefix'....

if you have left the tick box 'Automatically' - ticked - then the pbo you create will use the folder name as the prefix for your pbo - that's all cool.

in your model the path to a texture must match whatever method you choose to use...

what i was trying to highlight to you was that the 'Addon prefix' or 'virtual pathname' for the pbo must match up with the mappings in your model or ArmA will not know where your textures are hiding and won't be able to render them for you...

so, if you are getting white faced models - then you're actual texture is broken in some way (you have already discounted this) OR you have incorrect pathname mappings to your texture.

i made a folder with the addon name in there i put the textures before even adding them to the box or even building the box.

i then made the box added the textures checked it in the viewer all looks good the saved it to the same folder as textures with a cpp and then i used binpbo i didnt change anything there.

my cpp is

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches

{

class APhunt1

{

units[] = {building};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.0;

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class All {};

class Static: All {};

class Building: Static {};

class NonStrategic: Building {};

class TargetTraining: NonStrategic {};

class TargetGrenade: TargetTraining {};

class Crate: TargetGrenade

{

model="\APhunt1\APhunt1";

armor=20000;

scope=2;

displayName="AP red/white hut";

}

}

just in case its that, if not it might be my textures then sad_o.gif

in your model what is an example pathname for one of your face mappings?

and, just to confirm... you pbo'd the 'APhunt1' folder making a pbo called 'APhunt1.pbo' - correct?

P:\Textures\APhunt1\Roof_co.paa

so... change...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

P:\Textures\APhunt1\Roof_co.paa

to...

APhunt1\tx\Roof_co.paa

and, make a subfolder called 'tx' in your 'APhunt1' folder, and move Roof_co.paa into this new 'tx' sub-folder.

i'm telling you to make a 'tx' folder only because it keeps everything nice and tidy...

if you have other textures you have made specifically for this model you can move them all into this 'tx' folder if you like...

then in O2 you can use the 'Tools>Mass Texture & Material Renaming' tool to rename all you texture paths as appropriate.

not doing so good now when i put it in arma and try to load it in editor it crashs before it loads in game

also just remade the thing again still no joy

add them now and will try let you know in a mo

keeps crashing arma grrrrrrrrr

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tried uninstalling every thing, every one of BI tools and installing the new RC3 suite in whatever default location BI wants it AND I STILL CANT LOAD paa's IN O2 ! crazy_o.gif

I added all the extra supplied DLLs and even took a couple more from my old oxygen root directory ..... still zip !

Anyone know how to default O2's config ?

Anyone got any further tips ?

Anyone got any screen shots of their working directory contents and config setup ?

.... for the love of god why something so simple such a #$@$#% pain.