Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS T-64 MBT pack v.0.9 ( Preview )

Compatability of the BEST addons in this game is a big deal. Do you remember how in OFP everyone was making great tanks, like T-80's and M1's pack from Sigma-6, RHS packs, Timmamas T-90. And then King Hommer made an excellent M1 pack. But it was useless with all other addons. His tanks were SO uber and almost invulnerable, I couldn't use them in any of the missions! It's armor was way too much for any opposing addons in OFP. He got carries away in his national pride there. Those M1A2 tanks looked fantastic, but were useless. I hope we are not going to make the same mistake in Arma now. Besides making good addons, could you guys also make BALANCED addons with each? Is there some sort of common armor value established for Arma addons yet? Without it, we will have East and West King Hommers everywhere. I hope that these new RHS tank addons will be balanced with the best Western addons (like NWD for now) so that we can enjoy both sides in the game.

I dotn think it was national pride that made the tank so strong, if it was then King Homer would have build a Leopard-2.

Also a SEP is a update to a very very capable tank that makes it even stronger, on the other hand im always unsure how far we should go if we break compatibility ( spelling? ) with all vanilla and most other addons.

What about making a version of the T-64 in a seperate PBO for his addon which lets you load the magazines for NWD's T-72 since they both use the same gun?

I would have said, maybe 2 versions :

one for basic arma (standard version)

one with realistic settings, sized for NWD realistic balistics (realistic version)

should be only a matter of small and easy changes, and this addon could be used in both "game" and "simulation" situations.

I hope you will find a solution for realistic settings on APFSDS wink_o.gif

Is the P3D somehow encrypted ? Or is it possible to take a look at it somehow in some program.

Yes, it's encrypted in ODOL. And that means, don't bugger with it.

Binning an addon ie the process of converting the model from mlod to odol lod along with cpp to bin if i remember correctly brings performance imporvements, so its not pointless.

I dont see any use of encrypting the P3D for this.

To help performance and reduce the chances of someone stealing it. I don't see why you seem to have a problem with this? icon_rolleyes.gif

If you really want an unencrypted version, you could ask the authors. But of course it's up to them whether they want to share it or not.

And it's actually binirized. Performance is the main reason.

Although I don't see why you ask. If you knew a bit about ArmA modeling you would already understand whistle.gif

How is it possible to de-binarize it or convert it to MLOD. I am asking this because I don't really understand it but I want to modify the model for private use as my own main battle tank and give it a few modifications for a fictional scenario.

How is it possible to de-binarize it or convert it to MLOD. I am asking this because I don't really understand it but I want to modify the model for private use as my own main battle tank and give it a few modifications for a fictional scenario.

There are no public tools for that. There are some BIS example models they released a while ago. Maybe you would be interested in them. They can be found in the editing news section. I don't know if there are tanks though.

Many addon makers worry about their work being stolen so I don't know if RHS would want to release their model.

Hmm so unless I am skilled in programming I would have to wait for BIS to release some tools ?

Hmm so unless I am skilled in programming I would have to wait for BIS to release some tools ?

BIS wont release tools for that icon_rolleyes.gif

It would only be useful for stealing other people's work.

Why don't you have a look at models that are already available for editing?

MehMan is right:

Yes, it's encrypted in ODOL. And that means, don't bugger with it.

And that is never going to happen.

At least i hope so ...

ontopic: great looking tank. Kenji did an awesome job there. smile_o.gif

edit: Maddmatt said it already ...

Nice pack!Well,i'd like to replace t72 with one of these.Could someone help to make random numbering to work?I tried this in tracked.pbo config:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Damage

{

tex[] = {};

mat[] = {"ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_destruct.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_2.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_2.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_2_destruct.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_small.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_small.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_metal_small_destruct.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_pasy.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_pasy.rvmat","ca\tracked\data\detailmapy\t72_pasy_destruct.rvmat","ca\weapons\data\dshk.rvmat","ca\weapons\data\dshk.rvmat","ca\weapons\data\dshk_destruct.rvmat"};

};

class EventHandlers

{

init = "[_this select 0,_this select 1] exec ""\RHS_T64\scripts\nummern.sqs"";";

};

class Library

{

libTextDesc = "$STR_LIB_T72";

};

}; help.gif

Sorry for not testing this myself, but i'm not near my ArmA PC for the next few days..

In the current release, without NWD's tank addon, where does this T-64 stand in terms of armor?

Does it have more, less or equal armor of the T-72?

The one thing i miss from OFP is the fact that in OFP you could have M60's facing off against T-72's and M1's against T80's..

This one-tank-per-side T72 vs M1 is bull****...

Otherwise looks like awesome work Kenji - bannana dance from me smile_o.gif

yay.gif

Hey guys...Not digging this up arbitrarily...It seems the new patch has done something that has made this wonderful addon cease to work. Upon loading tis tank in the editor it reads an error message "unable to load RHS_T64B.p3d" and then it crashes to the desktop....Well dang....It worked perfectly yesterday.....Looks like Arma 1.14 has done this to several addons...Just putting this out there in case someone has a fix they would be able to share.

Best Regards,

Lamar

Thanks for the info, i forwarded this to Kenji.

Also with luck we have some new T-64s for you guys soon.

The soon offcourse is relative in these forums ^^

I just checked it, and the t-64's work @ 1.14 on my installation wow_o.gif

Using T64's + ECS + ArmAEffects in combination, I receive a "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default'" message crazy_o.gif

I just checked it and I think this can be resolved by adding

Quote[/b] ]...

class CfgModels

{

class Default

{

sectionsInherit="";

sections[] = {};

skeletonName = "";

};

Just as a hint whistle.gif

@modemaik- I just did this and to no avail...If you had success could you tell me how you did it...Yes I am running Arma Effects but I was under 1.12 as well with absolutely no problems. Sorry I forgot to mention that to begin with. I might have implemented your fix incorrectly, but to tell you the truth I had already attempted something similar to that to no avail before your post. BTW thanks for your quick post and help. If you have any other suggestions they would be most helpful as I have a major Mission in the works on the new South island Map that relies heavily on a Guard Unit Tank Assault into the Oil fields (Epic Struggle between T64 and M60).

Best Regards,

Lamar

Hi Dalai Lamar.

I located the first thread about this issue in the Armed Assault Info forums: Thread link

The corresponding CfgModels section for the M60A3 and Vilas Vibi was included in the cfgSkeletons.h file, so I included the default section and the error did not show up any more.

I was unable to attach such a modification to the RHS T-64 because the config is binarized. wink_o.gif

:edit: But the issue is a bit tricky, because the error message pops up without any info, which config causes the issue... confused_o.gif

It seems that linker split (armedassault.info) knows most about it smile_o.gif