Sign in to follow this  
Auss

Texture issue

The title description sounds weird I'll try to explain. I have enclosed a screenshot of the problem. As you can see theres a line on the ground. One side looks fine and the other is all screwed up. To make matters worse when I walk on the affected side it suddenly sounds like I am walking on floor boards. Its happening in various parts of the island

At first I thought it may be caused by too many different textures but my island only uses 4 in total. Then I thought maybe the textures were the wrong size so I resized them all and tried 512 then 1024 but same thing.

My island is 512x512 grid size. with 20.0 meter terrain cells. The terrain size is 10240.0x10240.0 my texture layer is set to 20x20. to I have tried changing this to 40x40 and higher with same result. My sat and mask files are 2560 in size with terrain.png 512x512 and the terrain.pbl is set 20metres I checked the Mask and theres no lines at all. It seems to happen in certain parts of the island but I cant find the demoninator that the affected parts all have in common.

can someone help as I am running out of things to try next

texture%20problem.jpg

Hi,

You are using the closeup textures of the sample map ?

Pisek, Pole1, Mesto2 and travajih ?

Not altered them ?

Weird mate, but i still think it must have to do with some wrong calculations of the satelite png.

Think you have an odd number of terrain cell overlapping.

I cant say for sure but i suggest you reimport sat and mask with different calculations setting, only thing i can think of.

Alphons

yeah I thought the same thing so I have changed the sat figures but still no good, I used the textures from the sample map then also tried using the textures from Sara. The textures are pisek, leslist, trava and travajih. I cant understand why I would get the floorboards sound thats the weird part

i never saw this problem before but i can try suggest a few ideas ,

i am off meory here so treat with caution my words wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]My island is 512x512
Quote[/b] ]with 20.0 meter terrain cells.

512 x 20 = 10240

Quote[/b] ]My sat and mask files are 2560

this will give 1 pixel = 4 meters , i am not sure if thats good.

maybe try a sat of 10240 ( thats not 1024 but 10240)

it will give 1m = 1 pixel i have had ok results with that

the floorboard sound sounds like an rvmat problem or a mod problem . maybe you can find the rvmat for that cell you have in picture and post it here too ?

Ok heres the 4 rvmat files. I mearly copied the sample map ones and edited the paths so I dunno if they would be the problem.

http://sas.ogn.com.au/rvmats/

I'll resize the sat and masks to 5120 then try 10240 to see if that fixes it