Sign in to follow this  
Average Joe

High Detail Texture Project

Hi Guys,

My goodfriend Allie has released a Beta of his High Detail Texture project to Enjoy. Its Based on the Iraq/Iran Border and although very much incomplete he's looking for plenty of feedback and help if possible.

Anyways enjoy and use at your leisure biggrin_o.gif

He's still working on alot as regards to smoothing out the terrain and possibly adding more objects so stay tuned.

Unfortunately there is no Readme but simply put the .pbo into your addons directory or mod folder.

Download Links

http://www.armaholic.eu/argentina/temp/border.rar

http://www.armaholic.net/temp/border.rar

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=islands&id=11

Many Thanks for the Mirrors

wipiraq959x576nf5.jpg

Looks pretty damn sweet, is the height map fictional or real?

It looks very promising, but i can't find any download link huh.gif

You can't find the link because the DL was taken down dude to slow speed... anyways there should be a new one soon wink_o.gif Looking nice BTW

It's looking very awesome ingame, only one thing needs fixing, the sat map needs to match the detail texture, this is easily done in Photoshop adjusting the Hue. smile_o.gif

Can't wait to test this inlove.gif

have a feeling that my computer will not handle it well.. (laggy)

anyway that pic is impressive and this might give another atmosphere to ARMA in the future. smile_o.gif

I must say that performance wise this runs smoother for me than Sahrani so lag should not be a problem wink_o.gif

Yes, they are,,,

At least I think I've noticed some while leading a flight of 12 Iraqi Hinds across the border  whistle.gif No lag or hickups with settings maxed out  biggrin_o.gif

iraqiw0.jpg

T H X 4 this 1 AJ notworthy.gif

An AMAZING bit of work. This is not just a piece of generic scenery - there's gorges, a couple of forts here and there, and a full airfield! Absolutely incredible. The possibilities this map creates... Phenomenal.

VERY nice! Reminds me of Jane's USAF, man that game was old and man did I really suck at it...but now I can fly in Arma though, helps when you configure your joystick buttons to flaps and landing gear so you don't have to screw around. Is there going to be runways or a runway?

thumbs-up.gif

I agree with an earlier comment. The terrain texture color needs to be adjusted. Right now, it's too orange relative to the sand textures. Looking forward to new updates on this porject. Very nice work.

that looks awesome. will download.

be great if more maps were using this - what are the limitations that cause other maps not to use such lovely textures?

that looks awesome. will download.

be great if more maps were using this - what are the limitations that cause other maps not to use such lovely textures?

A good source of satellite images for one, now not just high res, but also one without objects casting long shadows. Also pasting together screen shots from Google Earth is really an excruciating nightmare, especially due to nature of the earth curvature. Then there's making a acceptable mask for it (which is very hard due to being limited to only 4 detail textures per segment) and THEN it's matching up the sat layer's Hue with the detail texture which can only be precisely done via observing it in-game which requires a long and generally annoying import and format conversion process.

Oh beautiful work Allie! Thanks for presenting this AJ.

Finally we'll see a nicely textured island map with realistic canyons/ravines and sandy dunes across a desert landscape. Very impressive indeed.

Here are some more images, since you can't really tell the quality from the earlier ones:

th_arma2007-10-0915-17-07-43.jpgth_arma2007-10-0915-23-28-25.jpgth_arma2007-10-0915-22-11-06.jpgth_arma2007-10-0915-26-34-00.jpg

image 1 image 2 image 3 image 4