evorb.jpg

This is a four pack of missions.

Mission Names:

Evolution Red

Evolution Blue

Evolution Red QG (Queens Gambit)

Evolution Blue QG (Queens Gambit)

Game mode: MP: Coop 1-30

Addon's required: Queens Gambit for the QG versions.

Respawn: Base

description: Air Land and Sea combat.

Features:

- A rank system based off the players score that unlocks vehicles and weapons as the player gains higher ranks.

- Automatic vehicle servicing anywhere in the base area (Airport)

- Dynamic groups, players can join other players groups while in the game.

- Recruited AI, players can recruit AI units if they are leaders and have a high enough rank.

- Side missions there are multiple random generated side missions that leaders can pick from.

- Scores for everything, you get scores for completing main objectives, secondary objectives, side missions transporting and repairing!!

- The mission remembers you , so if you disconnect and come back later your score and rank is remembered.

- Missile Cam for hellfires GBU bombs and stingers.

- Incoming missile warning sound for all aircraft.

- Optional 4 hour day mode.

- Synced time for all clients and jip players.

- Dynamic Weather System

--(Main) Improvments

1. Radio Towers can only be destroyed by satchels.

2. Halo option added to mission HQ.

3. Support system via radio 0 0 8.

4. Engineers can lock repair trucks.

5. Persons using laser designators share the bombers points.

6. Stronger reinforcements.

--Red + Blue Version 2 -----

1. Reinforcements bugs fixed.

2. AI squadmates disappear when they should.

3. New halo anims.

4. Enemy is more defensive.

5. Enemy manned MG guns.

Mirriors for EvolutionRBv2.zip

1.EvolutionRB(v2) +QG

Porto would not make a good Island for and Evolution mission being only one town. I am working on a mission currently for porto but its not evolution. The queens gambit elements in the QG versions are the vehicles and grenade launcher. dc3 , various pickups with mg mounted, black hummer. and It takes place on united sahrani

YES!!!!! Finally, I can't wait to try these out!!! Congrats Kiljoy on your great missions!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Whats the difference in red and blue?

US-Blue

SLA-Red

Duh.. should have known that. smile_o.gif

I know you already said stuff about the trucks, black humvee etc, but are there any enemy mercenaries or partisans when playing QG version?

woot what a great day, hope we see alot of server with it! thx alot kiljoy, the radio tower update is the best improvement!! smile_o.gif

Cool !

Thanks for making a SLA version wink_o.gif

Could you explain which file is SLA+QueenGambit or US+Queengambit or SLA or US.

I only see differences in their size (1.3 Mbytes /1.5 Mbytes) and a "_dbe1" in few file names.

Thanks.

Now we just need a player vs. player same idea maybe some buildable spawn buildings.

Cool !

I only see differences in their size (1.3 Mbytes /1.5 Mbytes) and a "_dbe1" in few file names.

Thanks.

EvolutionB.Sara = you playing as US forces

EvolutionR.Sara = you playing as SLA forces (start in Pita)

EvolutionB.Sara_dbe1 = Queen's Gambit version for US forces

EvolutionR.Sara_dbe1 = Queen's Gambit version for SLA forces

The Queen's Gambit version is on the new Sara map. You have to switch to that map first to see those missions if you are looking to load the QG missions on your own server.

Cool !

Thanks.

EvolutionB.Sara = you playing as US forces

EvolutionR.Sara = you playing as SLA forces (start in Pita)

EvolutionB.Sara_dbe1 = Queen's Gambit version for US forces

EvolutionR.Sara_dbe1 = Queen's Gambit version for SLA forces

The Queen's Gambit version is on the new Sara map. You have to switch to that map first to see those missions if you are looking to load the QG missions on your own server.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

I didn't pay attention to the "R" and "B" letters, sry... notworthy.gif

Kiljoy,

Been testing your mission, and it is excellent. I got a script error during a HALO jump, but everything continued to work fine.

Also, if you didnt already know, the Mercenaries (6 of them I think) in Queen's Gambit are actually under the BLUFOR soldiers list. This means that you could easily change out some of the US soldiers for the mercs, if you wanted too. Wasnt sure if you were aware of that, so I just wanted to throw that fact out there.

Overall, very nice mission. notworthy.gif

Excellent mission as before - but if you're like me and like to just play the mission on your own now and again, it's a little tough. The re-enforcements are a little too numerous and the radio tower is generally too far for a single player to reach. I found it very frustrating to keep killing SLA infantry and tanks only to find that there seemed to be even more around, despite keeping one of my AI in the zone (hidden) to stop enemy respawns. For a single player it's almost impossible to get to the radio tower - especially as the satchels aren't included for the private. That means that you have to start fighting and therefore triggering the dreaded re-enforcments before you even get the chance at the tower.

I appreciate that this mission is aimed at mainly MP with many human players - but for those occaisions when there is only one human player then I think that an option to disable the radio towers and re-enforcements could be included into the options screen.

Saying that though - I'll still keep playing this as it is about the best mission - either SP or MP that is around, simply nothing to beat it.

Rich

How do you get the halo jump to work? I cant get my parachute to open! sad_o.gif

esc to open parachute

@Lawman1965 if you play alone the reinforcements come every 5 minuets , when theres 30 players its every 10 seconds. In between its scaled to the player count. I know its hard alone but it is possibil, One favorite strategy on the beta server was to hit the tower with a large artillery followed up by a lightning ground assault.

Congratz KilJoy [sFG] smile_o.gif

Have you ever consider doing an additional version with

norrin's uber elite revive AI-enabled respawn? smile_o.gif

It basically offers the gameplay that people need to be revived

by the comrades to be alive again.

However you can make the respawn at their dying positions or

a remotely choose location or a mobile respawn vehicle.

This type of respawn might not be perfect for public play, yet for

teams or dedicated people that is the way to go.

It enhances so much teamplay and tension.

If all are dead, you are toast. pistols.gif

Thanks for your answer mate. thumbs-up.gif

Fanatstic job again kiljoy, thx a million.

With regards to revive script..........

I can see the point that it would be a great addition for teamplay or squads BUT there would need to be a getout for public.

If there was no alternative to revive such as maybe a long respawn time or a server option to turn it on or off, then many would stay dead for a long time or have to restart the game seeing as from what I see on public most wouldnt be bothered to revive anyone while they are busy racking up points for themselves.

Of course this brings up another option that it could be viable if alot of points where introduced for revives. That may get some of the public points whores interested in actually going out of their way to revive joe blogs. Maybe even if only a Squad of 3 or more could revive, that would make it almost like a side mission, for a points bonus of course. That would maybe encourage dedicated medic teams.

Anyway although loads keep mentioning it think it really needs thinking about how it would work in game and the consequences of it rather than just requests for it to be included.

You are the man. notworthy.gif

6135 Downloads on Armaholic in 3h   wow_o.gif

[offtopic]

To prevent any false data.

Nope, its not downloaded that much in 3 hours.

We update our pages so only the latest (and correct) version of a file is in our database. This prevents people from downloading older versions and so prevents errors.

So the number of downloads you see is the total, except we lost around 5 months of counting due to a change in our download system.

[/offtopic]