Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution (Red+Blue)

Im having problems with this one..

Getting stuck in startscreen.

Cant use any input commands. Esc, mouse,

all keyboardknobs freeze..Same on Berzerk..

Running ArmA with FDF Sounds mod only

Hmm i opened up this topic here about geting out of memery problem

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1167889

Now after seeing this post and seeing other servers get same mem error as me its making me wonder if its just the map causing it

My server name is XR - Public 100Mbit and some of you mite of played there as its been runing evo map alot latey and geting quite busy and then everythink would freeze up on map so i check server desktop and i see that out of memery message and this is the reason my server been crashing. sucks when the map been runing 5 to 8hours and down go's the server

I just noticed Roughnecks server went down aswell with around 20 people playing evo blue so im pretty sure this map is killing servers. maybe its just has 2much going on it the map. i noticed tanks and stuff always respawn soon as you kill them till the radio towers dead.. that aint to good on server cpu and on 25 players my server hit 5fps and thats on a q6600. Id hate to think what other server fps is on lower cpu specs lol

Also the map was using around 718mb of ram after 8hours so maybe this is killing some servers if they set to use less ram then that with maxmem command. just guessing tho

Quote[/b] ]Fk Andersson writes

Im having problems with this one..

Getting stuck in startscreen.

Cant use any input commands. Esc, mouse,

all keyboardknobs freeze..Same on Berzerk..

Running ArmA with FDF Sounds mod only

Edited by Fk Andersson on Oct. 18 2007,09:15

Sounds like you using SCP lol and geting locked up by the anti cheat system that alot of servers are runing like mine

You kinda put yourself in it there telling us that and geting your keyboard locked up on 2 maps that are totally different lol which rules out that it aint a evo map problem

lol at Fk Andersson! tounge2.gif cheating is wrong.

Btw Kiljoy i got a nice idea for Evo, im thinking that it would be awesome if players like engineers or the colonel soldier would be able to deply a m2 machinegun + sandbags if a support truck is nearby. Evo is like one of those missions that features every weapon and vehicle in arma, and well im thinking that you dont get to use so much static weapons and it would be nice with getting to use some when setting up a defensive positon at a opfor town or to ambush a convoy or something. smile_o.gif

Ha Ha Ha

Im using a bought and paid for game and when

playing with some addons this happens. But ive

noticed that in vanilla mode (NO ADDONS WHATSOEVER)

it runs...

And NO IM NOT CHEATING...

Buggers pistols.gif

ok srry Fk Andersson tounge2.gif

btw Kiljoy any chance you will put it on a future version? smile_o.gif Also maybe for opfor cities to have Dshkm's around like the D30's, even though Dshk's are a bit easier to neutralize they can be a threat to, both air and ground. wink_o.gif

Hmm seem to be a bugg in the "SWEC-Public" server mission

of Evo-Blue...

You just have to drive thrue Paraiso to have taken.

And in The other towns there will be only ONE

officer and 3 Shilkas...Thats all...No reinforcements

either...

Whats up??

maybe you drive to fast? tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif strange bug, can happen when the comp running Evo takes a while to spawn all the troops in the town. Once i got like half way in to the city before i saw troops at all, its the comp not spawning quickly enough i think. tounge2.gif

Nono...I mean the town is taken. Objectiv Paraiso is DONE

fini, over...I just have to cross the grey zone..

Btw...Im alone on the server, when i reach the hangar on

the first join i get a desync at 100000 then it dissapear..

Theres a lot of scripts starting up at the very start i suppose its possibil pariso laggs if you go there to fast alone.

I'm going to release a bug fix for the blue and red soon. The parachuter's seem to be causing lagg problems I think. I cant work out why they function fine for a few hours then go bad tho. something native maybe.

I dont think its the speed and that im alone...

I tryed last time to wait, i stayed in base for like

+10 min and still the same...

Try it out KilJoy..Its on "Swec-Public" server...

what if someone killed the radio tower quickly and then there is no more enemies spawning? tounge2.gif

yeah but some servers are always on, like if you dont restart the mission it will be like when you left it i think.

LIke in some evo servers the stats are saved and in some they are not, one funny moment i joined a server and was driving around and suddenly from nowhere the bridge had a piece that was destroyed and i drove straight down and hit the ground hard and died. Pretty realistic but annoying tounge2.gif

Hi Everbody!!

I had found a way for our dead AI Comrades to disappear on the new Evo map!!!

1 edit scripts\recruit and add this line _unit addEventHandler ["killed",{handle = [_this select 0 ] execVM "scripts\bury.sqf"}] after line 78 or 79...

I tested it alone and the script works.......well someone should test it on a server....I cannot guaranteed if this will not disturb the flow of the map but for now it solve the Bots problem till KJ release the update version....

Bye2 Great Work KJ.....

tounge2.gif

1 edit scripts\recruit and add this line _unit addEventHandler ["killed",{handle = [_this select 0 ] execVM "scripts\bury.sqf"}] after line 78 or 79...

I tested it alone and the script works.......well someone should test it on a server....I cannot guaranteed if this will not disturb the flow of the map but for now it solve the Bots problem till KJ release the update version....

Hi, I tried this and the AI still don't seem to die and vanish when dropped as they did on v3.0. Is this what you were trying to solve, or was it something else?

1 edit scripts\recruit and add this line   _unit addEventHandler ["killed",{handle = [_this select 0 ] execVM "scripts\bury.sqf"}]   after line 78 or 79...

Hi, I tried this and the AI still don't seem to die and vanish when dropped as they did on v3.0. Is this what you were trying to solve, or was it something else?

This script isn't designed to "kill". It's was made to remove the dead AI's. If you leave a server and your AI's are still alive, they will remain until you or another person takes the slot you were in.

I've done some more searching, and it seems that the dropped AI are staying alive because of the change made in the way that they are now made.

The definition for the Recruiter trigger needs to be changed in the mission.sqm file to (original line commented out):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Item43

{

position[]={9684.487305,139.994995,10176.529297};

a=10.0;

b=10.0;

rectangular=1;

repeating=1;

timeoutMin=1.0;

timeoutMid=1.0;

timeoutMax=1.0;

interruptable=1;

age="UNKNOWN";

text="recruiter";

expCond="not (isNull runit) and local server";

// expCond="not (isNull runit) and isPlayer runit and local server";

expActiv="recruit = [runit,rtype] execVM ""scripts\rreq.sqf"";runit = objNull";

class Effects

{

};

};

With this change rreq.sqf now runs, and runs nohuman.sqf in turn, which removes the AI if there is no human in the group.

Of course, I cannot guarantee that this will not break something else! smile_o.gif

Hey KilJoy..

This happens from time to time. This morning

i tryed again but still no reinforcements to

Paraiso...Tryed to #restart mission but

then i got this:

evo-blue.jpg

Hey KilJoy. Im logged in as admin on a server that works fine

but im not getting any points...Ive killed loads of em incl

tanks and stuff but NO POINTS...Im alone on the server..