Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Evolution (Red+Blue)

woot what a great day, hope we see alot of server with it! thx alot kiljoy, the radio tower update is the best improvement!!

East Version, finally! \o/

KillJoy you are GREAT!

MfG Lee

You are the man.

6135 Downloads on Armaholic in 3h

Cool !
    Thanks for making a SLA version

Could you explain which file is SLA+QueenGambit or US+Queengambit or SLA or US.

I only see differences in their size (1.3 Mbytes /1.5 Mbytes) and a "_dbe1" in few file names.

Thanks.

Now we just need a player vs. player same idea maybe some buildable spawn buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by (Nikoo @ Oct. 05 2007,16:47)
    Cool !

I only see differences in their size (1.3 Mbytes /1.5 Mbytes) and a "_dbe1" in few file names.

Thanks.
    EvolutionB.Sara = you playing as US forces
    EvolutionR.Sara = you playing as SLA forces (start in Pita)

EvolutionB.Sara_dbe1 = Queen's Gambit version for US forces
    EvolutionR.Sara_dbe1 = Queen's Gambit version for SLA forces

The Queen's Gambit version is on the new Sara map. You have to switch to that map first to see those missions if you are looking to load the QG missions on your own server.
    Looking for more COOP realism in Arma on MP servers? ***Try out for the 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division @ Regiment HQ. The way Arma was meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by (Kenbow @ Oct. 06 2007,00:09)
    Quote Originally Posted by (Nikoo @ Oct. 05 2007,16:47)
    Cool !

Thanks.
    EvolutionB.Sara = you playing as US forces
    EvolutionR.Sara = you playing as SLA forces (start in Pita)

EvolutionB.Sara_dbe1 = Queen's Gambit version for US forces
    EvolutionR.Sara_dbe1 = Queen's Gambit version for SLA forces

The Queen's Gambit version is on the new Sara map. You have to switch to that map first to see those missions if you are looking to load the QG missions on your own server.
    Thanks a lot for the answer.
    I didn't pay attention to the "R" and "B" letters, sry...

Kiljoy,

Been testing your mission, and it is excellent. I got a script error during a HALO jump, but everything continued to work fine.

Also, if you didnt already know, the Mercenaries (6 of them I think) in Queen's Gambit are actually under the BLUFOR soldiers list. This means that you could easily change out some of the US soldiers for the mercs, if you wanted too. Wasnt sure if you were aware of that, so I just wanted to throw that fact out there.

Overall, very nice mission.

How do you get the halo jump to work? I cant get my parachute to open!

Excellent mission as before - but if you're like me and like to just play the mission on your own now and again, it's a little tough. The re-enforcements are a little too numerous and the radio tower is generally too far for a single player to reach. I found it very frustrating to keep killing SLA infantry and tanks only to find that there seemed to be even more around, despite keeping one of my AI in the zone (hidden) to stop enemy respawns. For a single player it's almost impossible to get to the radio tower - especially as the satchels aren't included for the private. That means that you have to start fighting and therefore triggering the dreaded re-enforcments before you even get the chance at the tower.

I appreciate that this mission is aimed at mainly MP with many human players - but for those occaisions when there is only one human player then I think that an option to disable the radio towers and re-enforcements could be included into the options screen.

Saying that though - I'll still keep playing this as it is about the best mission - either SP or MP that is around, simply nothing to beat it.

Rich
    <span style=\'color:red\'>If you keep an open mind long enough someone will throw trash in it.</span>

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast