Sign in to follow this  
oyman

Zasleh problems

So im making a rifle for Arma and was putting the zasleh proxy on the model. Now ingame it works like it should but it shows up around 2 feet down and 1 foot to the left. In the model I put the proxy following the BIS m16 model and its defined right in the config.

I also noticed that after I make a pbo (after changing something in the config) it will show up in the right place. But If I mess with config and turn into a pbo it will show up in the wrong place like I said above.

Quote[/b] ]But If I mess with config and turn into a pbo it will show up in the wrong place like I said above.

This makes me think its a path issue, I often find if I have the paths a little screwed up (such as usec\ instead of \usec\wink_o.gif I have similar problems.

This is what its going to <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">\ca\weapons\zasleh2_proxy

Make sure your addon has a GEO LOD with proper design (with mass set, convex components... ).

Possible problem in autocentering?

If you place muzzleflash proxy well (check it by selecting proxy and menu View/show proxy objects) in O2 but weapon or muzzleflesh proxies dont have disabled centering in geometry lod (they miss autocenter=0 property) they might be missplaced in game.

Another option if you can't find a solution to this is to bypass the problem by including the zasleh as part of the model itself (i.e. modelled faces instead of a proxy). It doesn't fix the problem, but it should help bypass it.

armored sheeps way worked.

I thought about using the actual flash without proxy but never got to doing it.

Possible problem in autocentering?

If you place muzzleflash proxy well (check it by selecting proxy and menu View/show proxy objects) in O2 but weapon or muzzleflesh proxies dont have disabled centering in geometry lod (they miss autocenter=0 property) they might be missplaced in game.

Could you please explain this a little further?

I am having the same problem with some weapons I am making using Syinides MLODS.

(They dont actually HAVE geometry lods, so I guess I will have to make one)

Where, exactly, do I need to put the "autocenter=0" property?