Sign in to follow this  
croc4

Things I would like to see in game

I have been playing for a while now (since the german release) and I mainly play coop, PvP just doesn't seem to do it for me, much prefer JOPS for PvP, anyways.

One thing I would like to see in an add on, is the ability to cut /destroy the power lines to a city and have it go dark, is there such an addon/mission?

Also air to air combat seems to be non-existent, I have not found any maps that use this, which is a shame, we have the "room" to try this

Air To Air doesn't really make sense in this game because flight modeling, avionics and missile evasion or countermeasures are nonexistent...It is somewhat frustrating to be blown out of the sky by a R-73 missile from three miles away without a chance to avoid it.

Air to Air - ArmA isn't a flightsim. You can have Missiles/CM(chaff/flares...) with using Mandoble's missiles scripts. Try to make missions and get some help in  ArmA:Editing and Scripting  wink_o.gif

No, but for a military simulation is isnt too high on the simulation part is it? Heck about the only realistic thing about the game is it takes about 30 minutes to travel from island to island via truck.

I know its not a flight sim, its a combat sim, but isn't air to air a form of combat?

"combat" is not restricted to infantry correct?, it would be nice to have "full scale" type battles, wishful thinking I know...

either way, I'm not too keen on air to air, but its nice to have options to play.

No, but for a military simulation is isnt too high on the simulation part is it?  Heck about the only realistic thing about the game is it takes about 30 minutes to travel from island to island via truck.

I think it's more the technological demand that determines ARMAs realism. The more advanced military equipment you require the less realistic ARMA gets.

With WWII era units, including aircraft, ARMA is very much realistic.

With WWII era units, including aircraft, ARMA is very much realistic.

haha, you're right, maybe BIS should cut their losses and focus on a WW2 combat simulator. they'd still have to fix the A.I. habit of them being able to see you from 1000 metres away and then snipe you within three bursts of machinegun fire, though.

I've never seen these super AI sharpshooters. I've got no problem avioding their detection and I've never been engaged by infantery from 1000 meters.

Things I'd like to see other than the super AI are:

SF class being able to swim with gear.

Fighter pilots aremed with M9s and flareguns.

UKF mod type of bergans/bagpacks for LRRP.

A RPG type of stamina system, which depleats faster and regenerates slower by resting, water and MREs.

Help in understanding all the cockpit gauges.

A breath taking Vietnam mod/addons. Brown water and pouring rain.

Greater maps with wider AOs for long walks through the desert or longer flights than 5 from edge to edge.

A breath taking Vietnam mod/addons. Brown water and pouring rain.

Well, that's on it's way...

my wishlist:

- more detailed damage system

- rivers

- make offroad driving more difficult for wheeled vehicles

- realistic full-axis analog throttle control

- get rid of the 'radar' display in vehicles (or make it optional)

- a WWII mod smile_o.gif

less towns and more countryside.

you cant really get into an open area as there is always a town somewhere or a bunch of houses.