Sign in to follow this  
doveton

Error Message patch .exe file is not a valid Win32

I have tried repeatedly to download the patch to upgrade from ArmA 1.05 to 1.07 but all I get when I unzip the download is the error message that the file is not a valid Win32 application.  The support page indicates that this is a transfer problem but I have used Free Download Manager as recommended to no avail.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same issue.

Yesterday, on Sunday I just finished building a new computer, redownloaded on Steam, my Arma2 and installed it.

I was sure to TURN OFF AUTOMATIC updates as soon as it was installed.

I then updated to 1.05 via a download from this Arma2 site.

I then downloaded and installed 1.07 patch.

I then added the AAS addon and played for a few hours no problems.

My STEAM was set to NOT update automatically.

I login today to try to get playing and lo and behold my Steam is automatically downloading something for Arma2 and I get the error message that arma2 is not a valid win32 application.

Any help?

(As an aside I"m nearly at last straw with this game, every time an update comes out the game gets broken until you delete and reinstall with some 3rd party community advice on how not to break the BIS version)

EDIT. I just tried again after another reset to Steam not to autodownload and got a different error. "No entry .cfgworlds" and then a 2nd error that in addons air.pbo two numbers expected did not match.

Edited by Slyder73