Sign in to follow this  
hedcrusha

Custom Objects onto map?

Hi! Well ive made a tiny map just to get me going and ive made a few buildings in O2. Now ive placed the buildings on my map in vista

exported world and loaded it up in arma. But unable to load (myobject).p3d keeps poping up everytime i try to load the map.

Now ive tried creating its own addon for the building and putting it in the addons dir and i know that it works and also the same pbo but extracted is in my p drive. But i cant understand why my map wont load it!?

If anyones got a clue on what im doing wrong please share biggrin_o.gif

Thanks again.

Hedcrusha

Heres a screenie of my prob:

errorus7.th.jpg

Try to get the addon working first, by adding it to the mission editor list as a placable option (or using createVehicle). Once you know ArmA can see it, work on V3.

I'm still not sure if user addons should be using the CA prefix. I'm not using it.

Okay, now try placing it outside of the CA directory on your P: drive and island, unless you have used the CA prefix to your addon's pbo file (as a pbo setting, not a directory).

Tried that and still no joy! Is it possible to save the model to the same dir as the island then pbo them together?

Tried that and still no joy! Is it possible to save the model to the same dir as the island then pbo them together?

yes it is (I think it will not give you any generic error).

Try it

Odd! Still cant seem to get it to work.

This is what ive tried:

Ive tried putting the model in P:\ca\City_Life(my map dir)\my_city_small.p3d

then in vista adding the model to the artificial objects then placing them on the terrain.

Then exported my map into City_Life dir where the p3d is. Pbo'ed it then droped it in my addons dir, booted arma up and still getting the same error "cannot open object ca\city_life\my_city_small.p3d"!

Are there any other options i could try at all?

Or am i missing somthing?

It might have to do with the size of your p3d.

I remember that you have posted in another thread that your p3d contains a dozen buildings or did you just make it one building now?

Also your paths differ from each other or you have just added the

(my map dir) as a comment.

Well im just going through Opteryx quick tut as i see the map dir is setup different on my machine so ill have a blast. But as for my model yes there are several blocks (buildings) in it but are very small as to scale in O2 has some collision probs so the smaller version is within the grid on O2 and works with collision. Then i put it on my map as its not to scale then i change the size in the properties in vista to 500 witch makes it to scale as i want.

Then the rest is what ive done earlier!

I appretiate the help btw!

Yes i added that as a comment!