Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Creating a New "Island"

Kubi, don't cross post to other forums. Its one of the forum rules.
    Editing/Modding/Scripting question? Head on over to OFPEC

So, what exactly would happen if one went ahead and just placed the road objects manually? It is possible ands they do show up in Bulldozer, but would it work in game? would it lag? would it crash?

I'm curious...
    The Hund Abides...

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Nothing bad happens, it's just that placing them manually is about 1000 times the work as using the road tool.
    [self-promotion]
    OFP:R Island : Rezina
    [/self-promotion]

All roads working fine for me without any problems

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]All roads working fine for me without any problems
    There is one major problem sgt.ace
    A distinct lack of feedback and information sharing
    to say there is no problem , it all works for me is really not enough ,could you be so kind as to show us your process ?

i have tried roads on the samplemap and there is no problem until i try to use the panel of objects newroads then its not possible to create start piece and terminator piece , how are you doing it ?

Yes, please share your knowledge.

Im using only the biki manual. What do u think about a Visitor conversation in IRC or something like that, to share more Infos.

Eh, last time I checked the roads section in the Biki was outdated and there wasn't much there that corresponded with the Interface in V3, I might have been too tired for it to make sense to me though, I'll check it again.

Also, this forum is for sharing information so that people can search and find questions without having to constantly start new threads, (although some don't seem to get that...) so I don't think having closed discussions on different channels of communication is very wise, information should be shared and readily available to anyone without having to go through much hassle.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    The issue wis the roads distributed with ArmA cannot be used since they have been binarized, and the necessary data points for the road tool get removed as part of the binarization process.

So, Sgt. Ace, which road objects are you using?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast