Sign in to follow this  
Somerville

A few modelling questions

Basically, I've got a new model for a roadblock. I've also got one for a police stinger speed trap thingy.

I need to edit the size of these models (The roadblock's like, the same size as the hotel..), but everytime I do so, the model itself won't actually show up in-game.

Also, with the textures. I've got one that says "Stop", but only the red texture shows up in Bulldozer (Y'know, like on the real roadblocks where it says "Stop" on a red background). Is there any particular reason why this is?

Also, how do I make a model solid, as at the moment people can just run through it?

Hope you guys can help, I've only just begun modelling smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I need to edit the size of these models (The roadblock's like, the same size as the hotel..), but everytime I do so, the model itself won't actually show up in-game.

I assume you've written a config.cpp for the object right?

Quote[/b] ]Also, with the textures. I've got one that says "Stop", but only the red texture shows up in Bulldozer (Y'know, like on the real roadblocks where it says "Stop" on a red background). Is there any particular reason why this is?

Have you drawn out and mapped the whole texture to the face(s), or are you just setting the texture to the face in the face properties window? If its the latter, its just mapping the top left pixel to the entire face (so it'll more than likely show up red). Try pressing the 'A' key, dragging out a box the size of the face(s) you want to map the texture to, load the texture (Right Click > Load Texture), then press A again, select the face(s) you want to map the texture to, and then press 'B'.

Quote[/b] ]Also, how do I make a model solid, as at the moment people can just run through it?

You need to add a Geometry LOD. Right click in the LODs window (where it more than likely says 0.0000 right now, then select 'New'. Right click on this newly selected LOD, and select 'Properties', then select 'Geometry'. Then simply create a cube the rough size of your object. You'll need to also apply a Mass to this block. To do this, select it, press SHIFT+F7 and in the window that popups (more than likely at the bottom of your O2 Window), type a number, (lets say 500 for the sake of this object) and hit Apply. That should work.

Yes, I have a config for the file.

Also, what do you mean create a box? I right click, and a new geometry, but I'm not sure what you mean create a cube.. sad_o.gif

Just make a 6 sided (closed) 3d cube the same size as your object (Press F7, click OK and then simply scale and move to match the size of your object).

I select the cube I've just created, press SHIFT+F7 and the mass window pops up, but is greyed out sad_o.gif

Make sure you've made the cube in the GEOMETRY LOD, otherwise the Mass window wont work.

Okay, firstly thanks for the help.

I've got the cube working now, and have applied the mass. Now with the textures, I've done the following:

1) Pressed 'A'

2) Dragged the box over the area I wanted to texture

3) Right click > Load texture

4) Selected texture

5) Pressed 'A' again

6) Dragged over the faces I wanted to texture

7) Pressed 'B'

And got an error "No texture loaded.."

The texture is .paa format. Hellllp.. ><

You must select the faces you are going to texture, before pressing 'B'.

In short select faces you wish to texture.

Press 'A' , drag out a rectangle to cover the faces you have selected.

Right click and load desired texture, position texture and resize and/or move the rectangle as desired to place it exactly as you want it.

When you are happy with the placement, press 'B'.

Planck

I managed to apply the textures by pressing E and doing it that way. The stop texture now works after following your suggestion, which is good.

I PBO'd it, but when I place the object in the editor and hit Preview, the game crashes everytime.. -.-

I might just give this a miss guys, it seems really confusing ><

I managed to apply the textures by pressing E and doing it that way. The stop texture now works after following your suggestion, which is good.

I PBO'd it, but when I place the object in the editor and hit Preview, the game crashes everytime.. -.-

I might just give this a miss guys, it seems really confusing ><

I think there is need for a complete, beginning-to-end walkthrough document/tutorial for this, including a complete config exercise. Crikey I'm just trying to make a transparent viewblock cube and I cannot get that to load without CTDing the game.

Every time I learn something (which is mostly OFP-centric) I find out that there is some detail that is done differently for ArmA.

^ Agreed..

Help, I don't understand - it's showing fine in Bulldozer but CTD'ing in game ><