Sign in to follow this  
freeflyer

downloadable content that has been deleted CAA10

I'm after a bit of advise...hopefully someone can help.

Every time i try to join a public multiplayer server I now get kicked with the message "You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted CAA10"

This did not happen in the past, and I've not intentionally deleted anything.

The only info I could find is it is an addon included in the 1.08 update. I have this update however (and have since its release) so am a bit confused as this has only happened recently.

Is it just a case of finding this addon and puttign it in the addons folder, if so anyone know how to find it.

Any ideas?  smile_o.gif

PS Not sure if this is classed as 'Multiplayer' specific or 'Troubleshooting' specific. Seemed a bit of both to me so i posted in Troubleshooting. Your  welcome.gif to move it if you wish

Did you use the tool BIS released that removes the old Beta (1.07 et. al) folders? If you did, they might accidentally have deleted the A-10 addon (which is what the missions in questions require). This happened to me.

Solution: sadly, only a complete reinstall will do it. Ah well. Combine with a defragment and general cleanup, and a pure install of ArmA might even make the game run better ^^ That is, at least, what I told myself to make it less sucky. tounge2.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

Amazingly quick Wolfrug.

Yes i did use that tool, and only recently to so that would make sense. I didn't even consider the fact it may have deleted something it should not have, bugger.

In that case the reinstall seems like the way to go (unfortuantely). I'll post back.

Hopefully this will help someone else. Out of interest has this been a problem others have experienced with the beta removal tool, as i couldn't find much info on the forum.

thanks again Wolfrug  biggrin_o.gif

Yea I got the same problem with the removal tool.

Good old re-install fixed it.

Cheers frogg. Its at least good to know I'm not alone in my pain  wink_o.gif

I've gone from wishing I'd not bothered to use the beta removal tool to using this as an opportunity to update graphics drivers etc aswell as a game  re-install.

Got to look on the bright side right, if nothing else this game teaches you patience....otherwise you go mad  biggrin_o.gif

If it works maybe i'll see one of you online sometime soon.