Sign in to follow this  
Lockheed Martin-ch

Adding normal/specular maps

Since the tools are released I was really looking forward to get rid of the X+n CfgMaterial entries in the config.

I would like to use original ArmA textures and of course the same normal/specular etc maps. But I see no possibility to do so because if I add them via config I have to enter many numbers that can make the texture with normals look quite different to the original one.

Is there a way to add normal maps with original ambient/diffuse etc values in O2 2? Is there even a way to include them directly in O2 2?

facepropertiesam5.jpg

There is only the possibility of adding RVMATs that I don't want to add sad_o.gif

Please help and share your knowledge huh.gif

If you use the ORIGINAL RVMAT files for the original texture, there should not be a problem, and it wont look any different than it does ingame on the relevant model right now.

The alternative being I've slightly misunderstood you, and you want to add normals without using either anything in the config.cpp or any RVMAT files, in which case you're S.O.L. as far as I know.

if i understend, you need this:

1. select all faces with choosen texture in texture library (ctrl+mouse)

2. In Face Properties (that from your post):

- texture- there is a path to colour (base) tex (_co.paa),

- enable texture merging - marked v- like in your post

- material - here you have to write the path to rvmat.

make shure that you have correct paths to _nohq, _smdi and others in the rvmat file. To do so you can edit the file in the notepad.

The effect is here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=67835

does it help?

Thanks you two for your answers. They solved 50% of my problem.

The other 50% are, what Jackal correctly noticed, there are original textures (eg. Sara ground textures) that don't have a RVMAT but only the NOHQ files.

THAT is the main problem because if I create a RVMAT for these textures myself, it looks quite strange...

If noone yet has had this problem, maybe BI could give a me a cloue how they did it? huh.gif

Ok...so...

when you open the MATEDITOR to create a RVMAT, you can choose the pixelShaderID, and the vertexShaderID properties... I haven't read the Visitor3 tutorial yet, but I think there will be explained how to make a ground texture (what properties should have the VertS and the PixS)...

now you can add stages, can't you? well, if there's only one for a SARA ground texture, you have only to add a single stage, adding the NOHQ file... set it as "TEX" then chose the lighting properties and so on... that's all folks for now! smile_o.gif

I'm writing a tutorial about the use of the MATedior wink_o.gif

Linker Split