Sign in to follow this  
plumose 219

Map making

ive just created a desert map with visitor 3,please can any body tell me how to make it work in the game ? icon_rolleyes.gif

Moving to Map Editing(Visitor)

ive just created a desert map with visitor 3,please can any body tell me how to make it work in the game ? icon_rolleyes.gif

What program do you use to get it into Visitor? wink_o.gif

Export World from buldozer to a wrp.

Then make a config. You can base it on an OFP island config (search for advice on that), or use either sahrani's or desert island for a template :

-unpbo sara.pbo

-unrap config.bin

-edit config.cpp

-create new pbo containing edited config.cpp, island.wrp and all new surface textures.

-place new pbo in a modfolder.

-start arma using that modfolder.

The BI Wiki contains more config details.

Use Kegetys tools to unpbo, and "unrapify".

I made a terrain in Wilbur/WRP tool not long ago, is there any way to import that to V3?

Oh also, do I need a Photoshop with masking ability?

I have Photoshop Elements 2.0 which doesn't have that feature confused_o.gif

I made a terrain in Wilbur/WRP tool not long ago, is there any way to import that to V3?

I think it may be possible using V2 to import the WRP and save it as a pew. I have opened a V2 pew into V3, but the objects were lost. I do not know if this is due to config. I have not got time to look into this until the weekend. See the very end of the V3 manaul on the wiki. I do not know if this applies to ArmA V3 or OFPE V3...

Quote[/b] ]Oh also, do I need a Photoshop with masking ability?

I have Photoshop Elements 2.0 which doesn't have that feature confused_o.gif

I would strongly recomend it, since you can use masks to create both satellite and layer masks in one go. Otherwise you could probably get by using colour reductions.

Can I use the ArmA buldozer in V2? I know you can do it with Oxygen Light and I'm not very keen on installing OFP again...

-edit-

Quote[/b] ]I would strongly recomend it, since you can use masks to create both satellite and layer masks in one go. Otherwise you could probably get by using color reductions.

Hmm couldn't I just use two different layers for that then separate them later as two images?

ive just download GeoControl map editing is this any good for arma,can i save ,and what format, icon_rolleyes.gif

Im trying all sorts here lol...

Ive tried GeoControl, Wibur and Terragen but im not sure what to do???

to get your island into v3 from wilbur ect you need to export the file as a grayscale png in photoshop,and you will also need a .pbl file to go with it

you can copy and edit the sample pbl in the v3 wiki,look at the terrain section,here's a their sample .pbl just copy paste into notepad and edit the 'world'.png to point to the name or your saved png.

might need to adjust some of the pbl settings to suit your terrains settings

class cfg

{

PNGfilename="world.png";

squareSize=5.000000;

originX=0;

originY=0;

minHeight=120.000000;

maxHeight=735.000000;

};

if you can get your terrain into terragen then it is pretty easy to create your own custom surface maps too!

BiGGiBs

stuff

Hehe I just figured out that!

HELP!!!

I am trying to import the satellite and layermask but V3 crashes every time I try to do so, no error messages.

Any ideas why?

sorry not even got that far myself,my terrains loaded into v3 fine but i'm having issues with importing it into terrangen atm.

Terrain is distorted,even if i import as dem directly from microdem into terragen the terrains totaly distorted for some reason! banghead.gif

BiGGiBs

finally got something working using wilbur and terragen yay.gif