Sign in to follow this  
SniperRedFox

Map Editor?

I was wondering, would it be possible to add a map editor to the game? We already have the mission editor, which is great, and players are able to use various methods plus the mission editor to make this game even better. But how about a map editor?

I personally would like to see the map editor, which could do a lot of wonderful things for the game.

Personally i'd like to see the ability added for people to add buildings and maybe change terrain colors. I wouldn't mind if we couldn't delete current buildings or change the terrain. It'd be great just to be able to place buildings on the map and edit the type of terrain.

This could do wonders to the game, you could have cities like Paraiso and Corazol expanded to be much bigger in size and density, allowing for even more urban combat.

You could have more or bigger military bases around the map.

A lot could be done with the game if a map editor was also added.

Map editor IS added from 1.00 but you can only spawn new things there you cant really alter original stuff. It cant modify terrain, there WILL be another tool for it.

There are addons for the editor (one by 6thSense) that allows you to place buildings and trees and signs and roads and what not. You should check that out.

You won't be able to change terrain until that tool is released, which will hopefully be after QG is released next month.

Yes, but the new tool coming out is a developer's tool, not a

point & click map editor. Making a worthwhile new map is a

big project, not to be approached lightly.

Faulkner, maybe, in some way, that's how it should be, although it means it takes developers longer to do, at least it prevents new maps becoming the new "m4's" of days old

(Where everyone and his relatives would make and put into OFP M4's and such things)

Faulkner, maybe, in some way, that's how it should be, although it means it takes developers longer to do, at least it prevents new maps becoming the new "m4's" of days old

(Where everyone and his relatives would make and put into OFP M4's and such things)

Yes, I don't think that it's a bad thing that making an

entirely new island is a big job. I'm sure that many others

might disagree though.

And don't worry, I'm sure that before very long ArmA will

suffer from "M4 proliferation" every bit as badly as OFP did.

If you mean something like this

I don't think that this engine is build like that, although the indication of the Bulldozer tool maybe prove otherwise, but I think that one is only for islands under construction with Visitor3