Sign in to follow this  
Rambo-16AAB

AAS Map night, Sat, 18th August, from 8pm UK time

Due to the successfull night we had last week, were running the server again.

This Saterday night, 18th August at 8pm UK time we will be running a server populated the our second generation AAS beta maps again.

All players are welcome, idiots are not.

Server will be Called:- 16AAB AAS Maps

AAS Maps, some basic info:-

AAS stands for Advance & Secure. Each map has a number of capturable objectives for each team. Those objectives must be completed in sequence.

On maps with vehicles, take care of them. The more valuable a vehicle is to the war effort, the longer it takes to respawn. Use them wisely.

Each fully captured zone ( outer zone & command post ) becomes a selectable spawn point for your team.

Zones can only be captured by a superior attacking force at which point a Capture timer will start. The zone is captured if your team reamains dominent for the length of the timer. You can halt the timer by overpowering the team trying to capture it.

Maps end after a set time, or after one team holds all the Zones for the duration of the final count down which is started after the final zone & command post are captured.

had great fun playing these missions with some great guys this evening

look forward to even more such fun

Glad you enjoyed it.

I think well be doing this every weekend. We did loose conection to the server when we started AAS Costal, but its wasnt a server crash, it looks like the connection to the Data centre went down just long enough for players to loose the server which was a pity.

When on the server i got constant disk thrashing, which i dont get on normal maps/missions, nor on other servers? Possibly something to do with the way the script works?

And its good to see a AAS modification for Arma (finally!wink_o.giftounge2.gif

Not had that reported by any other user.

As far as Im aware ARMa strams the terrain from your HD when your online. some of the maps allow you to set your own view distance, a long distance would increase the ammount of data required = HD having a meltdown. I used to get that constantly untill I put a faster HD in my PC.